The Becoming God

Saturday, September 16, 2017

The Practical Meaning of Genesis 25:23; Romans 9:12; and Malachi 1:1-5

"It is all evolution," she said, to spare her from any religious discussion. Religion? Who give a poop about religion? I am interested in the practical. Real stuff; real stuff of practical consequence. Let me grant that there is matter in the universe, at least as far as we can tell, and that consciousness has evolved from matter over its 13.8 billion-year life span. The one has become two, in effect. We have consciousness floating around kind of ethereally through the universe, and matter swinging around galaxies. Cool.

Okay. The question is practicality: can the little newbie consciousness affect its big brother component, matter? I say that Moses and the authors of the Bible say it can.

Genesis 25:22. And as the children pressed against each other inside her womb, she said, "If this is how it is going to be, what shall I live for?" And she went to ask the Lord. 23. And the Lord told her, "Two nations are in your belly,* and two nations will split off from your entrails, and motherland shall be alienated from motherland, and the greater shall submit to the smaller."

The greater submits to the smaller. Submits. This, of course, refers to birthright and blessing going to Jacob as opposed to Esau.

Romans 9:12. For it was said [in Scriptures,] "The elder shall become the servant of the younger." 13. As it is written, "I was merciful to Jacob and abhorred Esau."

The elder is Esau, matter. The younger is Jacob, consciousness.

In Galatians 4, well, here: 22. For it is written, Abraham had two sons, one from the mother and one from the emancipated. 23.Except the one who was born of the mother was of the flesh, however the one born from the emancipated was of the land. 24. These are then the two lines of the Covenant.* One that is from Mount Sinai, was born to serve, which is Haggar. 25. For Haggar is a mountain of Sinai, in Arabia, and Jerusalem [ended up following this line,] and performed this service together with its children. 26. That Jerusalem then, which we hold in high esteem, is our mother. "These are then the two lines of the Covenant." That is, THEY ARE ALLEGORY. If the grandparents are allegory, the grandchildren are, too.

'Jacob' is consciousness, and 'Esau' is matter. Jacob, or consciousness, becomes 'Israel': God ruling as man. And 'Esau,' matter, serves consciousness.

Malachi 1:1. A vision of the Lord's oracle regarding Israel (see above) by Malachi*. 2. "I have had mercy on you," said the Lord. And you say, "By what have you had mercy on us?" "What then, was not Esau (matter) the brother of Jacob," said the Lord, "that I had mercy upon Jacob but* denigrated Esau?" 3. "I made his mountains [a place of] toil and his inheritance into abodes of the wilderness." 4. And if the Edomites say that we have become impoverished, 'Let us go back and rebuild the ruins' -- thus said the Lord, "they shall build and I shall destroy." And they shall call them the dynasty of sin and the nation that the Lord shall be angry towards forever.* 5. And your eyes shall see, you then that say that the Lord shall rule above the territory of Israel.

*Lit. Aramaic word: "My angel."
*1:2 Lit. Ar. id.: "And."
*1:4 Lit. Ar. id.: "To the end of the universe."
*1:5 Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "He shall be Lord."

Do yourself a favor and apply what Robert Young says about the future tense in ancient Hebrew: read it as the present tense. E.g., "YHWH (the action of consciousness) rules above the territory of Israel." I.e., Consciousness rules over matter. Matter is subject to consciousness. Matter serves consciousness.


As I read the Bible, this suggests to me that what I believe becomes manifest in my physical world. Matter takes the forms I desire of it. Well, that is if I desire what I want. I find that I all to often "desire" -- i.e., believe -- things I don't want at all. So to change my world, the most PRACTICAL thing I can do is to spend time in sessions desiring -- believing -- the things I really do want AS THOUGH I HAD THEM, for that is how we dictate to consciousness what to dictate to its servant, matter.
_____________________

Bible texts taken from Victor N. Alexander's translations of the Ancient Aramaic www.v-a.com/bible/supporters/. He offers the Old Testament texts he has translated in a single volume, but only the texts he has translated so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home