The Becoming God

Saturday, January 25, 2020

Canaan and Fakers of Tongues

I mentioned in my last post that Canaan, the perfect country, comes from the Hebrew root kana, to be brought low. It was when in asking for the gift of tongues I had been brought low and had found acceptance by God that I was filled with the Holy Spirit and, in gratitude and adoration, spoke in tongues as the Spirit empowered my mouth. Exercising no control over my mouth at all, I just let it go.

I do not know of any other way of receiving the Holy Spirit gift of tongues than by being brought low. If you cannot get there, into that accord, cannot find humility, I do not know what else you might do. Sorry, I really don't. I know that some well-meaning folks have thought that because tongues sounds like gibberish to them, that if you speak in gibberish, you must be baptized in the Holy Spirit. It patently does not work that way. I am so sorry for the people who have been so led and disappointed that their "baptism" was bogus. THE ALTERNATIVE, OF COURSE, MIGHT BE FOLLOWING SCRIPTURE, IF YOU WANT TO TRY SOMETHING LIKE THAT. Just because your baptism didn't "take" because you were misled is no reason to say the promise of scripture is of no effect, or was for another era, or, even worse, is of the Devil.

The formula is not rocket science. You believe God, persons who HAVE the Holy Spirit lay their hands on you, YOU are brought low to humility before God, and in repentance you find acceptance by HIM (not the other way around). If you can find acceptance by God for all your sins and be filled with the power of His Holy Spirit flowing up from your bowels to your throat and NOT speak in tongues, well, that I'd like to see. Safest bet EVER.

Note in youtube videos of people who "leave" Pentecostalism that they FAKED their baptism or were so horribly misled and misinformed that it never happened:

Why I am not a Pentecostal.

EXPOSING SATAN'S POWER: SPEAKING IN TONGUES

John MacArthur on Pentecostal Oneness Heresies about the Trinity (however, John MacArthur Acknowledging Godly Pentecostals and Charismatics)

Oh, by the way, I'm a Pentecostal

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home