The Becoming God

Saturday, January 25, 2020

Canaan, the Perfect Country and "The First Thing is You Must Know Exactly What You Want" -- YOU!!

"The first thing you do," Neville repeatedly said of his technique, "you must know exactly what you want in this world." We must decide exactly what it is we want in life.

Cultivate that. It isn't one thing. Don't think just, "Chocolate." Expand. What you want is lot of specifics, "a land flowing with milk and honey." You want the land, the house, the job or business or sources of income, the friends and the family, the time and the climate and the government, & etc.. What we each want is "the perfect country, Canaan." Contemplate the Canaan for your life.

The name 'Canaan' puts a lot of people off. Canaan was cursed in Genesis 9:25, just for being the descendent of Kham, the middle son of Noah. For Kham had seen his father's business. The land of Canaan was full of Pagan idol worshipers of the worst sort. God was going to drive them out so Israel could settle there, but after Israel rebelled, they had to drive the Canaanites out forty-plus years later.

'Kham' is "heat, to wax hot" and I take that to be imagination: vivid, active, intense imagination. This is God's business, the fount of Creation. Knowing this business makes us kind of prideful, which is our downfall. Our rebellion is from our being ignoranced by amnesia, but it is unlike the Ineffable and is cursed. The root of Canaan is kana, "to be humbled, to be brought low." A strange name to give a kid. "Hey, Brought Low," no wonder he was going to be a servant. I'll take it, though, for I remember how, before the baptism in the Holy Spirit, when I realized my own "natural" rebellion against the lordship of God I was brought low. I would have died if it could have been any help or relief from my situation. All my life, I had exercised self-lordship, never thanking God for the life he had given me nor recognizing this "given" life as His life. Unable to just die or pay God the loss of whatever purpose he had for this life, I shrank to nothing and cast my self-lordship and self-control out of myself. I FOUND low. I found humility -- the perfect country. The Promised land, flowing with milk and honey.

I had found synchronicity with God: "Remember this, and it is all right." Being there, what is it that I really want in this world? What world is it that I truly desire? What "state" would that be enmasse? Each day I can ask for and receive a specific bread for that world's tomorrow. Canaan was also the Land of Purple, of wealth. It was the center of trade, of the flow of merchandise and prosperity.

You must know exactly what you want. I want that world: humbled, submitted, living, imagining, spouse, kids, house, cars, incomes, ministries, and daily specifics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home