The Becoming God

Thursday, March 22, 2018

Reply to Rob

I have spent the last 4 months reading and studying Neville, and reacquainting my "self" to the Bible. I have known since I was a child that there was more to the human mind than we are being told. Here is the kicker: I can't for the life of me fully grasp the teachings. I read and read and read, but it doesn't sink in. Ten years I have been in pursuit to understand. Kabbalah, over my head. The master key system, never finished. Thomas Troward, very well written, overly complicated. Neville Goddard, now here is something on my level.

The un-learning part is where mind and body are battling. I know what I have read is truth. Just trying to communicate where I am at with all of this makes my brain bleed. So here are some questions:

Where in scripture do I start?
I have read all of Neville's work(information overload), where do I restart?
Kabbalah?

************************************

Thank you for reading my blog and your appreciation. Back and forth is fine. I know about being conflicted; this is true. . . and that is true. I spend my time pondering HOW things are true. I hope I can help you. Where in scripture do you start? I would suggest with the Book of Exodus. The person we know as Moses learned a whole bunch from God. As Neville would say, all psychological stuff. Try to look at Exodus with psychological eyes. People, places, and actions all have symbolic values. Types we call them. The crux and initial, central idea of the Bible - what started it all - was Exodus 3:14. Whatever Moses, God, Jethro, or the mountain was, the words God spoke in Exodus 3:14 are what the whole Bible is about. I have translated it about a dozen different ways in my blog, and the most recent one is probably my favorite. All of them were probably technically correct, but hearing the essence of what God was saying was probably best in the most recent.

I am sorry you have missed Victor Alexander's blogs and website. He explains so much, but his site is down while he works on the movie he is making, "Story of Jesus." Go to http://v-a.com/bible/supporters/ and scroll down to exodus 1-4. (Note: I find that even his supporters' page has been taken down.) You can read his translation of the Aramaic Ahiyeh Ashur hiyeh in his notes on chapter 3, verse 14. And if you can find a good used Companion Bible edited by Bullinger at a used book store, I highly recommend it. Shouldn't be more than twenty bucks if you can find one. It is available online, anyway.

Restarting Neville? Try to grasp what he is saying in the first three chapters of Your Faith is Your Fortune. I just posted a rewriting of it a few days (weeks?) ago, because he wrote it so convoluted. Everything in the first chapter seems to fold into one another, which was probably his point: it all is one - God, and us. Our consciousness, that is. Read and listen to Neville with a grain of salt. He is not wrong, but he keeps saying that we all are going to have exactly the same experience. Well, yes and no. Maybe the same experience, but not necessarily the same way he had it. For myself, I find his earliest Lessons and his latest to be the clearest and most enlightening. You probably have found Mindserpent and Real Neville Text Archive, right?

Kabbalah? https://www.rabbidavidcooper.com/ . I just looked and boy, have they expanded his site! mp3's like crazy. If you noticed in my blogs, God is a Verb is one of the cornerstones of my library. It is tough reading, though. Conceptual stuff. I read and listen to David for entertainment and insights. Like church teachings, I understand that what he says may be true, "but not like that." There is what we understand here from teachings and reading; I'm trying to cut the cords and float free to understand the stuff "out there." Even if "out there" is really in here.

One of the big things is Deuteronomy 6:4. Is God one (separate and divided from us), or is God one (including us in that one)? Go with the latter: all of everything in every which way is God - all dimensions are an organic whole. Diverse they may be; separate they are not. The Imagination of the Ineffable is . . . the Ineffable! He alone IS!

Lots to talk about.

Dan Steele

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home