The Becoming God

Sunday, March 04, 2018

God is a Verb. No, Really, God is a Verb

Rob from somewhere in the world wrote:

"I have spent the last 4 months reading and studying Neville and reacquainting my "self" to the Bible. I have known since I was a child that there was more to the human mind than we are being told. Here is the kicker: I can't for the life of me fully grasp the teachings. I read and read and read, but it doesn't sink in. Ten years I have been in pursuit to understand. Kabbalah, over my head. The Master Key System, never finished. Thomas Troward, very well written, overly complicated. Neville Goddard, now here is something on my level.

"The un-learning part is where mind and body are battling. I know what I have read is truth. Just trying to communicate where I am at with all of this makes my brain bleed. So here are some questions:

"Where in scripture do I start? I have read all of Neville's work (information overload), where do I restart? Kabbalah?"
_____________________

I replied to Rob's e-mail that the place to start in scripture is Exodus, especially focusing on 3:14 in Victor Alexander's version*. This (Moses’) revelation was the beginning of the whole Bible (! - it IS the Gospel)- the rest is commentary. The person we know as Moses had a really big insight and learned a phenomenal amount of psychological truth which he (or she) published as the Book of Genesis, all of which is about one mind.

Although I answered Rob's questions, I am still concerned about the conflict he has about the teachings, un-learning, and the battle between the systems that is going on in his mind. Neville said, "If when you hear the words God, Lord, Jesus, or Christ, you think of a three-dimensional person - i.e., an object (I am winging this quote), YOU HAVE THE WRONG GOD." I do it, too. I cannot for the life of me read Genesis 1:1, "In the beginning God created . . . " and not think of a big, powerful guy doing the creating through some kind of magic - a Big Guy with forceful, remote-control magic. The trouble is that isn't what the words mean.

There was (and is) something much, much bigger than a big guy: the Ineffable. My mind blanks whenever I think of ( . . . ). Maybe something that is the source of an infinity of intelligence-bearing electro-magnetic force; or the source of Infinite Mind. What can have infinite mind? Makes my brain bleed, too. But the Bible says that as a Beginning, from before even that, the incomprehensible, ineffable Source created an ACTION, innumerable active thought elements of imagination destined to become the Manifestation of Itself. No God Guy, but rather a mass of actions of imagining, of which we are presently DOING. God is not imagination as a noun, but imagination as a verb. (It) created the ACTION of the Heavens and the Earth: God, LIKE ITSELF.

Contrary to some popular teaching, thoughts are not things; they are actions. They are actions which have quality of being. Good and evil. Ignorance or wisdom. Judgment or grace. The strong arm of YHWH or the loving 'arm' of Yeshua - Jesus - his power in ACTION. A big trick for all of us is to read the scriptures not as persons, places, and things, but as actions.

Rob asked me where to restart studying Neville. I mentioned the first three chapters of Your Faith is Your Fortune, which I have rewritten and commented on in a recent post. Neville folds aspect upon aspect of our Godhood. You have to GRASP what he MEANS by what he says, that your faith is that you are God, as Rabbi David A. Cooper would say, Godding. I would also recommend the lecture "Unless I Go Away" as an illustration of the Ineffable's ACTION. Its will, the motion and sway of the sunflowers, the descent into rathood in the dump, the catching and caging of the rats - the Ineffable is showing us Its Godding to fulfill our destiny to become purely Its action - the Wedding Feast of the Lamb.


*3:14. And God said to Moses, "Ahiyeh-Ashur-hiyeh,"** and He said, "this is what you will say to the Children of Israel, "Ahiyeh has sent me over to you."

**3:14 Lit. Aramaic: (1) "Ahiyeh": "the One Who Comes in His Coming," the absolute sense of "the One Who Comes." (2) "Ashur": "the Beginning Spark that kindles the Fire" or "the Light." (3) "Hiyeh": "His Coming." (4) "Ahiyeh" and "hiyeh" are related forms of the same word. They mean more than "the Coming." They signify also the "Eternal Presence," "the Ever-Present," and the "Never Ceasing Intent of the Comer to Come." (5) In the same way, "Ashur" signifies "the Uncreated Creator who Creates Everything from Nothing." (6) Also, "Ashur" signifies: "Above-the-Flames."


I believe the overall thrust in this action is: “I become (continuously) what I become (ultimately) . . . (in and through you!)."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home