The Becoming God

Thursday, February 02, 2023

Michaël Asks, "How One Lets God Do It?"

Thanks for you kind word, Dan. But what does it mean to let God do it ? I have never understood that, as how to do it, in a concrete way. It sounds totally abstract to me these kind of big theoretical terms.

Michaël
______________________

Michaël,

I am taking some time to answer your question right. I always regret sending a message and then thinking of other things I should have said and better ways to have said it. To tell you the truth, as the matter is always in my mind, God keeps increasing my knowledge of it. He speaks to me the most in the shower, which is a bit unfortunate as I can't write any of it down. I do not hear a voice; the "picture" of an answer just comes to mind. I "see" it, and I talk to myself discussing the revelation or insight.

I do not know how much you have read of Neville Goddard. I do not know which camp you are in. Some people call him a New Thought teacher. He did indeed read New Thought material, but I believe he came to despise it. He said in one lecture that he visited the well-known New Thought teachers--both the ones alive and the ones "passed"--and rebuked them. Or at least corrected them. He said we are not here to think any "new thought," but are here exclusively to fulfill the Scriptures--the Old Testament. Neville was a Christian who studied mystical kabbalah. He taught the Bible as a believer. The "Neville Technique" was just an aspect of his relationship with God. It should be an aspect of ours.

You no doubt are familiar with the so-called Law of Attraction, which I believe to be unmitigated bs. Its adherents expect their mental vibration to magically act like some sort of gravity to draw to them the physical correspondence of their vibration. The "universe" will do this for them, like the universe has some sort of discernment and makes discriminating actions. I didn't know anyone could believe such garbage without massive doses of drugs.

The first and most important thing, Michaël, is to believe that there is over the world the Consciousness of an ineffable Being we call God, and that He is a rewarder those who diligently believe in and seek Him. His powers have to do with attitudes. He believes things into existence--the Law of Assumption--and He wants us to be Him, so He is FOR us.

The Hebrew name or nature of God is YHWH, which means "He is." Belief that He is is a good attitude to have. This recognizing and honoring God has to be a genuine, inward belief in us, not an outward façade of phony actions, for as a man thinks in his heart, so is he in reality (Proverbs 23:7).

Let me take a break here, Michaël. I do not want to just keep preaching at you like I was going to convert you or something. You asked a really good question asked by many thousands of people: "How do we let God do it?" I am trying to say that it starts with our confidence that God can and will do the best thing for us, the thing we really need as He converts us into Him. This is HIS party, and like it or not this is HIS game. If we are playing some other game of our own design, we lose. I said before, the Hebrew word Israel means Eil's Prevailing. He wants us to be that--His PREVAILING in this world, to be His sign.

To make this practical:

a) Really believe in God.

b) Ask for what you really want--being sensitive to what He wants for you.

c) Believe that God--the Source of your imagination--has heard you and has granted your desire.

d) Stay loyal to your desire's appearing. Expect it.

Neville has given so many examples of actions people have taken to get ready for their desire's fulfillment. A guy wanted a special phonograph player. He ordered it, wired his house for it, built a stand for it, even paid ahead for it, and though late on the list, he got one of the first ones in. A woman wanted a part of another woman's property. It wasn't for sale. "Go ASK!" she told the agents. Okay, she'll sell. Neville loved hearing of God's actions, or rather of God's reactions to His people's faithful actions.

Belief, expectation, and loyalty. Apply, do your part, get ready, and rejoice. Because God HAS heard and sees, He WILL answer. Because He is for you, you rejoice, praise, and thank Him. This is to be our basic attitude in life. It is basic to the "Neville Technique." Relying on God, do as you ought, like Jehoshaphat in 2 Chronicles 20:15-30 went out praising and worshiping.

Dan Steele

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home