The Becoming God

Saturday, January 21, 2023

The Word Translated as "Gospel" ALSO Meant Reward Or Fee Given To Bearer Of Good Tidings: Third Attempt

A fellow went on a rant commenting on my post For Anyone Contemplating Suicide: There is Another Way, saying, "So sorry I don't buy this same easy answer bullshit I see everywhere. This makes no logic at all and its disproven everywhere you see. You are just one of the lucky ones."

It isn't luck. I am blessed. There is a Blesser who is rewarding me, for I am writing this. I do not pray or visualize or meditate a la Neville to manifest things. I deride the so-called Law of Attraction method of idolatry. But I do learn of God and share what I learn. My mind is running all day long trying to figure out what He is saying, what He is doing, what it is that is really going on: "What are You doing? Why?"

So things seem to just go my way, more or less. I am healthy and happy, pretty much as comfortable as I need to be. I don't do anything to get things, but what I need is there when I need it, or there is a better alternative. Can things go south? In a heartbeat. What then? This. Wait and see, and this. Learn of God, listen, try to figure out what He is saying, what He is doing, what it is that is really going on: "You are doing this? Why?"

Jacob ("James") had some really good advice:

"You, however, brethren, pour out your souls until the Coming of the Lord, like the farmer who nurtures his precious fruit trees on his land, and pours out his soul over them, until they receive the short rains and the heavy rains. Likewise, you too, pour out your souls and let your hearts be true, for the Coming of the Lord is approaching. Do not sigh among yourselves, brethren, that [the wealthy] are not judged, for, behold, the judgment awaits them at the gates* (Do not sigh one over one, brethren, that they were not judged, for behold the judgment stands before the door). You should wish to become like the prophets, brethren, as they poured out their spirits on your behalf, those that spoke in the name of the Lord. For, behold, we give blessings to those who preached to us the Hope [of the Kingdom.] You heard of the Hope of Job and you saw what the Lord did for him later, 'For the Lord is merciful and compassionate towards us -- that He is'" (James 5:7-11 Alexander, emphases mine).

The prophets preached the Hope of the Kingdom, which Kingdom has to do with attitudes.

3. "Blessed (rewarded) are the humble*, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.
4. "Blessed (rewarded) are the mourners, for they shall be consoled.
5. "Blessed (rewarded) are the gentle, for they shall inherit the earth.
6. "Blessed (rewarded) are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.
7. "Blessed (rewarded) are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.
8. "Blessed (rewarded) are the pure of heart, for they shall see God.
9. "Blessed (rewarded) are the peace makers, for they shall be called the sons of God.
10. "Blessed (rewarded) are they who are rejected for their righteousness, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.
11. "Blessed (rewarded) are you when they criticize you, and reject you, and tell you every wicked saying because of me, in falsehood.
12. "Be glad and rejoice that your reward is great in Heaven, for this is how they rejected the prophets (who preached) before you" (Matthew 5:3-12 Alexander, emphasis and parenthesis mine).

Preach. Teach. Pour out your soul, for there IS a reward THEY will receive; the same reward you live under.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home