The Becoming God

Monday, January 16, 2023

Song "Torn" Has A Word From God, And A Word About Hardball

I mentioned to Michael that God sometimes "speaks" to me by bringing the lyric of a song to mind. The sample I used was the first I can remember of His doing this to me, "Help Me Rhonda" by the Beach Boys. I do not remember what was bugging me at the time, but it felt to me to be demonic interference. To my mind came the sound of the Beach Boys singing Help Me Rhonda, but in my mind the lyric was changed to "help me Jesus, help me get him out of my heart"--'him' being the devil.

Writing to Michael, who is quite upset with this world and was commenting on an article I wrote for people considering suicide, the song "Torn" came to mind, because Michael seems quite torn about how life isn't fair--is quite rotten for some people actually. Specifically, the line "illusion never changed into something real" is what came to mind. Michael is totally bummed that all his effort at causation using Neville Goddard's "technique" hasn't panned out. Read, study, practice, meditate, believe, feel, all for what? Waiting only leads to more waiting. "Eff this!" Illusion has never changed into something real for him. Not yet, anyway.

That is the illusion of Neville Goddard's technique having some sort of promise of magical causation, the production of what was desired and believed to be had (Mark 11:24). Well, I am a firm believer in the invisible world this world (as we naturally know it in our "sleep" state) is only an illusion of. As I walked back to my seat at the House of Praise in Kaimuki on Oahu, Hawai'i, after I had gone forward to accept the salvation/forgiveness of sins proffered, I saw quite clearly in my mind the distinction between "this" word and "that" world. In this world we see the physical meaning of things; in that world they see the spiritual meaning of things. They are two different value systems.

The trouble is: which one is the illusion? Many believe that this world is real and that world is an illusion. I am of a mind that that world is the real one and this world is, well, a sick puppy of that one. Illusion isn't the right word. This world is becoming the manifestation of that world, but--though real--hasn't gotten its act together yet.

So, stick with it or get out? Well, there is no "out." Out of this world only gets you 100% into that world, and not the best of terms. It is definitely better to stick it out here taking Nebuchadnezzar's advice in the Book of Daniel, chapter 4:

34. And as the Days came to an end* (as the Days were completed), I, King Nebuchadnasser, raised my eyes to heaven, came to myself again* (my awareness again over me), I blessed the Most High, I glorified the One who lives forever*, I made preparations -- for his authority is eternal and his kingdom is everlasting* (and to His Lives to [the end of] the universes I praised).
35. And all the inhabitants of the earth are like nothing before him, and he does whatever he pleases to the powers of heaven and the inhabitants of the earth, and there is no one that can raise his hand and say, "What are you doing?"
36. In that very season, my cognition returned to me, my nobles and generals harkened to me, I regained my kingdom and greater majesty was added to me.
37. Thus, I, Nebuchanasser, glorify, exalt and serve* ([stand] in preparedness) the King of Heaven, whose actions are genuine and whose ways are just, and those that walk in pomp he is able to humble (Alexander, bold emphasis mine).

May I suggest you walk not in pomp, but be humble and contrite of spirit before God? Neby found out the hard way that "that" world is the real one, and it is playing hardball with this one to form it (us) into its Manifestation. (And yes, I am aware of the spellings. Thanks.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home