The Becoming God

Thursday, March 29, 2018

Your Other Imagination

Neville Goddard often insisted that nothing happens without first being imagined. Everything is imagined first. I keep getting protests against this. "I never imagined being this sick, this injured, this hurt." "I didn't imagine being raped, being unloved, or so alone." "I couldn't have imagined these rocks before they existed, nor for this earth to be the way it is."

Well, yes you did. We did. We are born each time into an ignorance of amnesia of what we imagined in ages past. We were before the earth. The horrible situations we find ourselves in now, we may have imagined as goals to overcome before we entered the amnesia and forgot all about our imagining. We defined our fall. We cast ourselves into this ignorance in faith, knowing that "as above, so below" shall occur, and that as a standing order what we imagined before incarnation must come to pass. "Thy will must be being done!" (Matthew 6:10 Fenton).

We are the same creatures of imagination we were before incarnation - the Ineffable's spirit. The "I am" in our heads has always been. We, prior to becoming what we are now, saw the value of affliction, futility, pain, and disease. We were not afraid, for we knew this is a play for our development, the overall of which is far more valuable than anything suffered in this world.

"Yeah, but," you may counter, "This is terror. My life is horrible, a living hell." I know. I got your e-mail. I just didn't send you mine. But over my shoulder I look up and see Expectation. There is a battlefield I am bleeding on, and a sword at my hand. I keep getting kicked in the guts, but I hear a voice whispering, "Take up. Stand up. You CAN still win the battle. Fight to overcome, else you'll have to fight again."

Fight whom? Me. My faith, or rather my lack thereof. I have to faith, to trust and believe. Faith isn't something we have; it is something we DO. Jacob wrestled with the Man, and got hold of his, eh, the fount of his creative power. Having found it to be his imagining, Jacob wouldn't let go, and prevailed. He limped away victorious (limp being a sexual term here). WE HAVE TO INVEST OURSELVES LIKE THAT. Tell God you are ready to engage, come about, repent, and break your colors. Lean hard on your helm and take up the slack. And God save the Queen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home