The Becoming God

Monday, February 26, 2018

Regarding My Friend’s Healing

I correspond with a lovely woman who happens to be quadriplegic. She’s a Christian lady who believes in healing and wants to be healed, too. Who wouldn’t? She has read just about everything, etc., etc., and still has not found the healing she seeks. I try to encourage and direct her. This is our latest exchange:

Dan,

I'm really grateful that you shared all this information with me. In one of Neville's books he talks about the spinal cord being the way to communicate with God, and I'm wondering if because I have an injury or sustained an injury to my spinal cord if that might be the reason why all this information seems to be lost on me and incredibly difficult for me to make work in my own life.

It just seems somehow that it should be easier than this to manifest healing. To continue to keep reading something over and over and for your mind or my Consciousness not to understand or be able to make this happen just feels very painful. The more that I read Neville the more I just feel like giving up, because I keep reading it and my Consciousness isn't changing. Nothing is changing. I'm sorry to waste your time. All I really want is to just change my Consciousness and heal my body which, by the way, I have new digestive problem so that's making things even worse. I don't want to become the next greatest singer or the president - something that is very challenging to do. I just want to heal my body, be able to use my hands, stop having skin rashes, digestive issues, and walk on my own two feet. I would give anything to feel healthy and my Consciousness, but I wake up everyday and that isn't my reality, even though I keep reading and have been reading Neville’s books since 2009. It's very sad to say that the only thing that I desire to have happened isn't happening, and it's just really painful to keep trying to make something happen that you don't even see an inkling of something changing so that you know that you're headed in the right direction.
__________________

My response:

My heart goes out to you. It isn’t just your spinal cord. We all have a hard time translating what we learn intellectually into effective practice. I recognize that my “manifesting” is merely incidental to my daily beliefs. No big changes, but I am convinced that it is what the Bible is talking about. The question is how to get there. The answer, of course, is through practice. The knowledge must be put into active use. Applied.

Could you read my latest posts about Jesus in the bible codes, and what Neville says about attaining the sense of floating by meditating on “I AM-I AM” in chapter three of Your Faith Is Your Fortune? Chapter one there is about how we ARE all stages and levels of awareness, though aware of only one at a time. Then let me tell you a little story.

I lived off campus at Melodyland School of Theology. My neighbor in the apartment complex was a fellow student and friend, a young Jewish woman named Janet. She had discovered Jesus and had become a Pentecostal like me. A completed Jew we called them. Janet was deeply in love with Jesus. She really entered worship when she worshiped.

In our last year at Melodyland Janet contracted tuberculosis. I know she did because I got it from her. She had a pretty serious hole in her lung. Then one day she stopped me in the walkway between the laundry and her apartment. She was on cloud nine. She had been worshiping God in her daily devotions and had gotten carried away. She said she felt as though she was right there in the presence of God and was right before him praising and exalting and glorifying him. Hands and heart lifted up, she distinctly heard, “You are healed.” And she was. Her next x-ray showed the hole filling in with new lung material. I had to continue on medicine for the next half year. I didn’t mind at all. The story of her experience was well worth it.

I am hoping with all my heart that your head can get to where Janet’s head got in praise and worship, that you might also hear the words, “You are healed.” Books will not get us there; just the practice of praise and worship from a thankful heart will. Not of a separate God, but of the one right inside of us. Maybe it is just in that moment when we give it up to God like Janet did that God can say, “All right, I’ve got it now.”

Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home