The Becoming God

Saturday, February 10, 2018

Are You Finding Life a Bit Tough, and Want to Turn Your Life Around? You Must Believe in God

You might be a jobless millennial still living at home (your parents' home, that is), or you might be living on the streets. Regardless, you want your world to change. But how do you get off the dime? You seem boxed-in in your situation: the kind of jobs you would like are not being offered; interviews are not going well; you are not free to pursue the things you would like to do. Let me ask you an telling question: Do you believe in God?

What does that have to do with it? Well, the testimony of countless millions of people is that when they believed in God, their lives changed. Said Neville Goddard in his lecture, Trust in God, "I want you to know who God really is, for if you trust in him, your world will change" (emphasis mine).

Hey, I'm not asking you to go to church or join anything, and don't send me anything. This is just between you and the Big Guy. Do you believe in him?* I usually refer to the Ineffable as 'It." If you read or listen to Neville, you will notice that he calls him "I AM." Either of us, though, would insist that God is in you as your own, wonderful, human imagination. THAT is God (and so is everything else and everything that exists beyond what we can know). 'It' is the whole shebang - God is ONE - and you are not only asleep to that fact, you are dissing It. And you want things? You are not getting anything, because you do not respect God, from whom all good things come. You are not doing things the way he does them. You are on your own.

* Here are some things to consider: https://www.everystudent.com/features/isthere.html

Lucky for you, God wants to wake you up to the fact that he is Christ in you, and he does that by helping you out in life AS YOU CULTIVATE YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH HIM. He is reaching out for you; you reach out for him in return.

It's easy. You accept in your heart and mind that he is real and present in you, that he is the savior who can direct and provide for your life, and you operate in your imagination. You talk to him there, with and without your voice (depending upon your situation), "listen" to the thoughts he gives when you've asked anything of him, follow the good things/thoughts he'd have you do, and not follow the bad things/thoughts he'd not have you do.

Says Neville in Faith is Loyalty to the Unseen Reality (4:30), "We must come to God believing that he exists. For unless we believe that he exists, we cannot please him. So who would draw near to God must believe that he exists. Without faith it is impossible to please him (ref. Hebrews 11).
"And so, if I took the thirteenth chapter of 1st Corinthians, Paul's wonderful hymn in praise of love and paraphrased it: 'Though I speak in tongues of men and angels, and though I had the power of prophecy, that I understood all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I gave all that I have and gave it away, though I gave my body to be burned, AND HAD NOT FAITH**, I cannot please him' (emphasis mine).
"I cannot please him without faith. But I am not on the surface level of my being - 'I' am not going to do it. I simply yield completely to him, having acted. It is an act of self-commission. I performed the act. What act? I act as though I had what I sought. I act as though I heard that you have what you asked of me. I perform an act, and then I yield completely to that depth of my own being who is God, and allow him from that depth to externalize it for me" (emphasis mine).

** 'Love' in the original. Neville is pointing out that the idea of God should call forth the feeling of love.

Techniques and affirmations and imaginings are not magical. It is God, who is also your imagination, which is. All good gifts come from him, from the Ineffable. This is what Moses discovered in Exodus chapter 3. Moses was seeking God's abundance - 'Jethro' - and found out that it comes from God through imagining. THAT is what "I AM THAT I AM" means, and THAT was the beginning of the Bible.

The upshot of all this is CULTIVATE YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD. He wants us to mature in that relationship, to grow in our knowledge of and experience with him. He's inviting you to the party! Go!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home