The Becoming God

Monday, November 07, 2016

Introduction to The Antediluvian Patriarch Progression as Entry into Biblical Prayer: Neville Goddard and the Flood of Noah

(Added 02/14/2018: I found this woman's research interesting on Sid Roth's It's Supernatural TV program, at about 9:30 and following: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MkJjLxZai8.)

I received a lovely note from DeBorah, and my reply serves as an introduction to "The Antediluvian Patriarch Progression as Entry into Biblical Prayer." I have been trying for ages to introduce the idea, but I needed someone to talk to about it, a person who need me to explain it to them. Thank you Poetess, for being that person:

-----Original Message-----
From: DeBorah
To: Daniel Steele imagicworldview@aol.com

Hello, Daniel

Still reading, still meditating, and feeling pretty good, and this Friday I'm turning 50. I just wanted to tell you thank you for everything that you shared with me, and I look forward to continuing to read more of your blog. Keep up the good work. Your Internet friend, DeBorah.
_________________________________________

Thank you, DeBorah,

And happy birthday to you on Friday! I was just sitting down to write a special post on the blog that your question is the center of. You don't know what you are missing for your healing? God does, and you are He! In your meditation, ask him (he certainly can hear you) and be ready to learn. The Holy Spirit brings everything to our remembrance, so why not what you are missing to you? Believe me, he can show you.

When I returned to Christianity in 1975, I did not know that what kept me from being acceptable to God was my retention of self-lordship. I didn't have a clue. Seeking to know, I saw a block I could not get past, and in utter despair I said, or rather sobbed, "I do not know what it is, but whatever it is (which was a scary proposition) I give it to you." I fully surrendered myself to whatever came up. Then he took me on a trip in my mind through my spiritual history: 'I' spirit became flipped into 'me' human and had taken 'his' life for whatever purposes 'I' determined. 'I' had stolen 'me'--his life--from his purpose for 'me.' I was a rebel, an outlaw, a bandit--an "independent" in my mind who considered myself to be God's peer. He let me know that I am not, and when I got there, he accepted me.

He did not tell me the answer, he illustrated it. You might also see what you 'hear.' That is the way it works for me and for many others--we see in our minds what he is saying to us.

The post will have more to do with a wholeness approach to praying, following the pattern of the antediluvian patriarchs as the attitudinal entry into prayer. You know that the characters of scripture are actually natures representative of psychological attitudes of mind. One gives birth to another, and their lives overlap until they come to full maturity, and then their descendants carry on. They were not guys who lived a long time a long time ago; they are attitudes--states of mind that come to full maturity, which might only take seconds, and they generate one another. It is accumulative.

Seth is our Substitute, a Sprout that takes the place of our Spirit, Abel. Like, say, religion? Enosh is his son, religion's sickly, weak feebleness. Yet by our inner religion God leads us to each descendant of Adam unto Noah, the Rest that Saves. That rest is what Neville was talking about in the sensation of "floating on the flood tide of sleepiness . . . to be raised up above the flood of the facts of this life . . . in the ark of our mind." TO GET TO THAT TRANSITIONAL FLOATING WE NEED GO THROUGH THE NATURES, ATTITUDES, AND STATES THAT THE ANTEDILUVIAN PATRIARCHS REPRESENT.

Why flounder trying to find the rest or manufacture it yourself when the Bible gives us its formula? The appropriate state of rest is concocted; it is not mixed in a beaker, but it is generated in the heart through the emotions and attitudes found in the imagination.

So, what are these attitudes and emotions? All I can do is sort through the dictionary and try to discern from the meanings of the patriarchs' names the states, attitudes, and emotions we go through to enter the state of mind that is "the rest." This makes for a long and complicated post, which is why I have been sitting on it for a long, long time. And you, DeBorah, have just put me right through my introduction for the post. Thank you, and Happy Birthday! And please, see my next post.

Dan Steele
________________________________________

Your experience of God I find very intriguing. Thank you for the birthday wishes.
DeBorah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home