The Becoming God

Thursday, October 20, 2016

I Would Like To Point Out That "Post-Christian" Does Not Mean Non-Christian, But Perhaps Rather Early-Christian

I have a hard time describing what I am now. I am a Christian, but I am more of a Christian than I was when I first became a Christian. Most Christians believe that their Christianity is the end-all of what Christianity is. For certain, they all know that they have much more to learn and much more to do and expect to become much better Christians than they are, but not different than they are.

I agree with them there, I am not different than I was when I first became a Christian, but I see things much differently than then. So much so that what I now believe is not considered to be Christianity at all, even though it is the logical progression of the maturing spirit. For example, the Christian church believes that Jesus Christ was a historic incarnation of the Son of God born of a virgin who completed his work on the cross about two thousand years ago. I do too, but not that way. I believe the revelation of God's work which was completed (!) at the beginning of time was presented about two thousand years ago, just as it has been presented to man throughout the ages. The historic incarnation of the Son of God born of a virgin is each and every one of us. We are, ultimately, and can be now, that presentation of the Manifestation of the Father, because we are the Father manifest. THAT is Christianity--being the Manifestation--not just learning about it and believing in it.

So when someone asks if I am a Christian, yes, I am, but I am not as one of those, of that exclusive party of "Christians." I am a Christian, but I have moved along. "Latter-day saint" don't cut it, either.

I have been thinking about the Ancient Aramaic Church, the one that goes back to the days of Moses. Victor Alexander is translating the scriptures of the Ancient Aramaic Church, and the translation he presents supports the views of post-Christians like me. Victor doesn't think they do, but I disagree: the scriptures have to be understood through the interpretation of their symbols--what they meant to the early church. If Neville Goddard was alive, he'd be eating up Alexander's translation. Well, in any case, at least when people ask what church I go to, I can say, "I am a member of the Ancient Aramaic Church. They don't have a fellowship around here, but I attend the same Church Jesus attends."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home