The Becoming God

Wednesday, September 07, 2016

The Miracle of Miracles: Stumbling upon the Missing Technique of Healing

On Sep 4, 2016 5:08 AM, imagicworldview@aol.com wrote:

DeBorah,

Did I say something different from what you meant in this?
http://imagicworldview.blogspot.com/2016/09/deborah-discovers-she-is-universe-and.html

My next post works the idea of Jesus Christ a bit further.
________________________________________

No. I think everything you said was fine. I guess I wasn't really clear on the fact that I understand the Law, but the Promise eludes me, which at that point had caused a bit of frustration. Basically, I am focusing on the Law and leaving everything regarding the Promise alone, because I'm not having that experience.
________________________________________

Dear DeBorah,

As I understood Neville in "God's Law and His Promise," the Promise is working anyway -- there isn't very much we can do about it except learn the Law, so learn to use the Law. We can talk about the Law in practical terms. We talk about it as a technique, but it is not like the practice of voodoo or magic; it is more of an actualized theology. My New Testament professor always said, "The Kingdom of God has to do with attitudes." Perhaps I could say that attitudes are actualized principles, like the principles of Christ and faith: they become the very expression of our lives, which is what Mark was saying about Gautama in the Gospel of Mark.

I titled this post, "The Miracle of Miracles: Stumbling upon the Missing Technique of Healing," because so many STUMBLE upon that attitude wherein healing takes place. Not just in Judaism and Christianity but in all the other religions, too. They have their 'deer-caught-in-the-headlights' healings just as we do. Their needy have no intention of striking a certain attitude, but in the confusion of seeking they find it -- or it finds them -- and they are healed. If only it could be bottled. It seems like a technique of the Law; well, okay, it is, but it is also a leg of the Promise. The Promise becomes on this: the overall nature of everything is to generate our mature manifestation of the Source, and miracles are good boots in the butt to get us there.

Technique is ill defined: 'ask,' 'seek,' 'knock,' 'accept' and 'receive' don't tell us a thing about that attitude. Washing might. It is a great idiom, a simile of the attitude: "Go wash in the pool of Siloam" (John 9: 7). Waters for healing make for a thick litany of biblical images. The headlights wash over the deer. Maybe that is what it is -- a spiritual washing and a reboot: washed in the water, the Truck inside says, "I see you whole," and we are. I'll drink to that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home