The Becoming God

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Hysteria and Honor for Healing (edited July 27, 2016)

DeBorah,

Hi. I'm still thinking about your question regarding healing: "What am I missing?" It could be religious emotion raised to a certain pitch of intensity.

C. H. Dodd, in The Apostolic Preaching and Its Development (http://www.religion-online.org/showbook.asp?title=539, chapter 3, page 58), states:

"Quite naïvely, they were impressed by the abnormal psychical phenomena—faith-healing, second sight, 'speaking with tongues,' and the like—which broke out at Pentecost, and accompanied the extension of Christianity beyond the borders of Judaea. The reality of these phenomena there is not the slightest reason to doubt. Paul himself declares that his missionary work was accomplished 'in the power of signs and wonders, in the power of Holy Spirit' (Rom. 15. 19), and he regards 'works of power, gifts of healing, divers kinds of tongues' (1 Cor. 12. 28) as normal in the life of the Church. We have now sufficient records of similar phenomena at other times of religious 'revival,' not only within Christianity, to justify the view that they are usual accompaniments of religious emotion raised to a certain pitch of intensity" (emphasis mine).

"They are the usual accomplishments of religious emotion raised to a certain pitch of intensity." Hence the emotional "hysteria" at healing revivals. Our revivals, their revivals . . . there is something else He is interested in beyond doctrinal accuracy.

I have mentioned before my friend Janet who got caught up into heaven emotionally in her own devotions and was healed of tuberculosis. I have "been there, done that," too. Emotion, euphoria, ecstasy, the feeling of the ethereal, the palpable sense of God's presence, power, and glory -- "it's real, it's real, it's real" -- broaches over into Honor of God. That seems to be real important to Him. He likes it and He responds to it.

If at a revival or prayer group you do not get to the certain pitch of intensity incidentally, seek to establish it yourself like Janet and I did. For myself, as I was preparing for bed I realized and was overwhelmed by the fact that the Intelligence Which Is Power To Become was presently manifest AS me AND my world. Humbled, I simply said in my mind to It, "You can heal me." And It did. I honored Him, and my healing was the reply of Unconditional Love.

Wishing you more than well.

Dan Steele

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home