The Becoming God

Sunday, April 03, 2016

Exodus 3: 6: Moses Saw the Three Faces of God

Only in Victor Alexander’s translation:
I do not find the word ‘faces’ in other translations of Exodus 3: 6. It is most interesting that Moses saw three faces of God:

The God of Abraham,
The God of Isaac,
The God of Jacob.

Each was a "face" of God? My allegorical-leaning mind likens Abraham to the Merciful Father, Isaac to Elohim/Allaha (the e’had of spirits in “heaven”), and Jacob to the inner spirit in man who is God enlivening the physical body. Moses saw the oneness of God, all the faces united. Kind of reminds one of the Trinity, does it not?

I know Victor doesn’t buy into my esoteric fantasy, but it is interesting and only possible to be understood in Alexander’s translation.

I own a copy of the paperback Exodus by Victor Alexander. You may be able to sample it at http://www.v-a.com/bible/supporters/exodus.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home