The Becoming God

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

What Abdullah Would Have Said to DeBorah

Dan,

LOA is in the Bible, and yes, it is a little weird that they give all the credit to a law that was created by God.

So...in your humble opinion, if someone hasn't realized their healing, what is it that they're not doing right? Because I have run out of ideas.

DeBorah
_____________________________________________

DeBorah,

Honestly, I think the problem may be the trying to do. It isn't that you are wrong -- we are all wrong. I think it is a matter of just accepting -- accepting him and his doing it. There is a difficult frame of mind to achieve, one of abandonment and abdication, release of all self-control and self-lordship. It is one thing to acknowledge God's kingdom and submit to it mentally, and another to cast all self-influence out of oneself to complete and utter submission. I am not sure all that is necessary to obtain healing, but it is what I found when I was unaccepted by God and needed acceptance. I found a release of my "self," and He caught me, accepted me. You might try, "Okay, I do that."

Dan
______________________________________________

Dan

The painful truth is that you're absolutely right, I just don't seem to be able to convince myself. I mean, I express gratitude, I am grateful and thankful for all that I'm experiencing in one minute, but then when I wake up see another skin eruption, feel more pain in my arm, spasms in my leg -- it just doesn't feel as if it's ever going to happen.

It is almost impossible to not see the facts that are before my very face every time someone picks me up and puts me in the power wheelchair that I have to use. It just should not be this hard to connect with something is inside of me. My husband seems to think that I need to accept what has happened with gratitude, and for the first time last night I think that I have accepted this situation without feeling immense depression and wanting to die. I still find it pretty morbid that this is how God wanted to experience this life.

I am pretty much the epitome of James 1:8, "A double minded man is unstable in all his ways." Well, it's time for my morning smoothie -- blackberry, spinach, and apple today. Sounds yummy. Sometimes I wonder if you ask yourself how did this person lined up on my blog? Thank you for the Forum link. It was pretty interesting. I always find it weird when it we exclude people based on gender or for any other reason.

DeBorah
_____________________________________________

DeBorah,

I am glad you are giving me time on this. Your report tells me that you are making a lot of progress. You might not see it, but I do. I apologize, I just now found The Journey you sent me. I don't usually get attachments and had missed it. Very good composition.

A little about myself: I am 66 going on 67, was saved 41 years ago today at the House of Praise in Kaimuki, Hawaii. I went forward to confess Jesus Christ because I had just witnessed his action. I saw him, as it were, in the display of his power, and the Bible was the only explanation I knew of him, so I went forward to accept him. It took me awhile to get accepted by him. I soon found myself at the Melodyland School of Theology in Anaheim, California. Veterans' benefits paid my way. Most of the professors were former mainline denomination pastors who had been tried and defrocked for the crime of believing the Bible too-much and getting baptized in the Holy Spirit. Yes, it in a crime in most churches -- get saved and you are out!

So I learned the Bible from a Charismatic slant and, fortunately, learned how to read books for what they actually say. This was confusing as I had a Pentecostal background, Charismatic teachers, enough grasp of Greek to parse what the authors were talking about . . . and a Bible and church that had nothing to do with the real world I was in. I'm like, Hey, guys, there is someone here who need to be prayed for and you are talking about getting saved again. Hello?

In my interest in eschatology I happened upon Resurrection by Neville at a used book store. Ah, someone who saw the real world. I could never understand the mechanism of people getting saved by confessing an idea. You believe this so you are forgiven everything, yet this other, better person who hasn't even heard the idea spends eternity in punishment? Neville reconfirmed my idea that salvation is the provision of everything we need to be complete. Forgiveness covers all the guilt, but there is still a lot we need to get in our becoming what God wants us to be. That is why God wanted to experience this life you have -- how could he redeem it if he didn't experience it?

It doesn't all come at once. It is progressive generation: growing, maturing, aligning our character and faith with God's character and faith. I guess that is why Abdullah, when Neville desired to go to Barbados, said, "You are in Barbados!" "I am in Barbados?" "Yes, you are in Barbados, and you went there first class!"

What would Abdullah have said to you? "You are standing on the porch taking in the sun." "I am standing on the porch taking in the sun?" "Yes, you are standing on the porch taking in the sun, and you walked there yourself!"

"Ab, it has been a month, and I don't feel any closer to walking to the porch to stand taking in the sun than I did a month ago." He wouldn't have heard you. "You are standing on the porch! You cannot speak about how you are going to get to the porch when you are already standing on the porch. And you walked there yourself!"

There are different kinds of healing. Laying on hands is fine. God doesn't need it, but it is good. T. L. Osborn preached Jesus. Kathryn Kuhlman loved the Holy Spirit, the woman fallen from the swing repaired the past, the man who lost use of his legs imagined playing polo and hiking the Alps with his friends. I held still to watch my fingertips move out a half-inch. Your injured spinal cord probably just needs a bit of alignment and reconnection. Nothing is too hard for YHWH, God's power to save.

May I suggest that you be vividly conscious of being on the porch, of standing there taking in the sun, having walked there because you were healed, and all your skin eruptions, spasms and pains are remote memory. When you see them till then, think of them as flat, two-dimensional memories. "Oh, yeah, I used to have you. But I don't have you anymore, because I am healed and standing on the porch taking in the sun!" I hope the light doesn't keep you awake at night.

Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home