The Becoming God

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

DeBorah is in the Right Dispensation for Healing

Dan,

Even as I type the question I realize you are not concerned, but there is something that I do not understand about one of your posts that I was afraid to ask, what is a charismatic slant? The group Eruption is amazing . You have a great sense of humor. That was the time of really good music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stxDEjyfBdE

DeBorah
___________________________________________

DeBorah,

One of the big things in the study of theology is dispensations. You might think of a dispensation as the organization of a household, how the homeowner runs it. Supposedly Adam and Eve enjoyed a dispensation wherein they could do anything in innocence, naked and unashamed. After the fall, it was different. But there was no law given, so that was one dispensation; and again, after the law was given, the household was run differently. Jesus died for our sins, supposedly during his advent, and accepting/joining him we move into still another dispensation.

Mainline denominations believe that after the Apostles died, the gifts of ministry, the "Charismata," that were given to them to establish the church were gone. The church was established, and people are now saved by believing the testimony with faith. I.e., there is no healing, no tongues, no prophecy, no words of wisdom, and quite literally for them, no knowledge. These were all done away with "when that which is perfect is come," the Bible. Any display of the gifts now, "Because we don't have them operating in our lives, and we are the righteous, they must be from the Devil!" Hence, anyone who get saved in their churches is kicked out.

People do get saved, of course, filled with the Holy Spirit (the consciousness of God) and healed and prophesy and receive words of wisdom and knowledge. The Charismata are alive and well in the Bible believing church. We are still in the dispensation of Jesus Christ present and actively establishing the church. THAT is the "Chasimatic slant": Christ is not hid away in Heaven leaving us to be faithful to belief of the Bible's testimony for salvation; he is with us and in us actively conforming us to his image. This dream is an ongoing miracle moment by moment. Here is my favorite passage from Frank C. Laubach's Open Windows, Swinging Doors (written in 1930):

"Do you not see that God is trying experiments with human lives? That is why there are so many of them. He has one billion, seven hundred million experiments going on around the world at this moment.

"And His question is, 'How far will this man and that woman allow Me to carry this hour. It can be as wonderful as any hour that any human being has ever lived. For I who am reaching out toward divine sons have not become satisfied yet.

"'How fully can you surrender and not be afraid?'

"This Sunday afternoon at three o'clock He was asking it of us all. I do not know what the rest of you said, but as for me I answered:

"'Fill my mind with Thy mind to the last crevice. Catch me up in Thine arms and make this hour as terribly glorious as any human being ever lived, if Thou wilt.

"And, God, I scarce can see how one could live if his heart held more than mine has held from Thee these past two hours.'

"Will they last? Ah, that is the question I must not ask. I shall just live in this hour on until it is full, then step into the next hour. Neither tomorrow matters, nor yesterday. Every now is an eternity if it is full of God."

I consider Dr. Frank C. Laubach to be my pastor. I never met him, but I have never loved a man (non-family member) more.

PS: I expect you to be jumping like Precious Davis, the girl in Eruption: You've got a one way ticket to the Truth.

Dan
_______________________________________________

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home