The Becoming God

Friday, August 28, 2015

More For Anyone Contemplating Suicide: the Other Way

Misery is not punishment for things we have done; it is the result of things we have NOT done. Granted, we are born ignorant of the power we have to cause life, but ignorance of the Law is no excuse. The Law is here, and we were supposed to learn it. The Law is God's nature. It is what we are made out of, and it is what we are destined to become.

Yeah, we are kind of out of sync. I once flashed on how everything exists because God is intelligence that is power. That was my evening's meditation, how the Manifestation is intelligence that is power. As I lie down to sleep, the arthritis in my neck and shoulder were killing me. I said to the intelligence that is power, with the pain in my neck and shoulder in mind, "You can heal me." The words had barely passed through my mind (I only thought them) when the pain disappeared. I had touched "sync."

Neville Goddard often stated that "if it works, then you have found him." That is, you have found God. Because if it worked, there was power. And if it worked after you imagined, then God is your own, wonderful, human imagination -- the intelligence that is power. A wonderful thing to get in sync with.

In several places in the Bible it says that to be saved we shall call upon the name of Jehovah. Quickly: the Hebrew word for 'name' means the nature of a thing. So we are talking about the nature of Jehovah. The Hebrew word 'Jehovah' is YHWH, which means "his becoming." "His becoming" is evidence of God's presence, intelligence that is power. And that intelligence that is power is imagination. So the Bible tells us that to be saved, we need to call upon the nature of imagination. Imagination is intelligence that is power. Ours is God's, and God's is ours -- all is imagination: intelligence that is power.

So now YOU imagine. Imagine what you want to be, and imagine that you ARE that. Imagine it so clearly that you are there, thinking from that place and seeing the world from that place. What you really experience there, you will really experience in life.

Something I think is so interesting is the experience a woman had many years ago. Neville Goddard talked about her experience on page 19, chapter 3, of the Law and the Promise (http://www.thelawandthepromise.com/chapter-three):

"Any imaginal activity acquiring intensity through our concentrated attention to clarity of the end desired tends to overflow into regions beyond where we are; but we must leave it to take care of such imaginal activity itself.

It is marvelously resourceful in adapting and adjusting means to realize itself.

Once we think in terms of influence rather than of clarity of the end desired, the effort of imagination becomes an effort of will and the great art of imagining is perverted into tyranny.

The buried past usually lies deeper than our surface mind can plumb. But fortunately, for this lady, she remembered and proved that the “made” past can also be “unmade” through revision.

“For thirty-nine years I had suffered from a weak back. The pain would increase and decrease but would never leave completely. The condition had progressed to the point where I used medical treatment almost constantly; the doctor would put the hip right for the moment but the pain simply would not go away. One night I heard you speak of revision and wondered to myself if a condition of almost forty years could be revised. I had remembered that at the age of three or four years I had fallen backward from a very high swing and had been quite ill at that time because of a serious hip injury. From that time on I had never been completely free from pain and had paid many a dollar to alleviate the condition, to no avail.

“This year, during the month of August, the pain had become more intense and one night I decided to test myself and attempt to revise that ‘ancient’ accident which had been the cause of so much distress in pain and costly medical fees most of my adult life. Many nights passed before I could ‘feel’ myself back to the age of childhood play. But I succeeded. One night I actually ‘felt’ myself on that swing feeling the rush of wind as the swing rose higher and higher. As the swing slowed down, I jumped forward landing solidly and easily on my feet. In the imaginal action I ran to my mother and insisted that she come watch what I could do. I did it again, jumping down from the swing and landing safely on my two feet. I repeated this imaginal act over and over until I fell asleep in the doing of it.

“Within two days the pain in my back and hip began to recede and within two months pain no longer existed for me. A condition that had plagued me for more than thirty-nine years, that had cost a small fortune in attempted cure — was no more.” …L.H.

It is to the pruning shears of revision that we owe our prime fruit.

Man and his past are one continuous structure. This structure contains all of the past which has been conserved and still operates below the threshold of his senses to influence the present and the future of his life.

The whole is carrying all of its contents with it; any alteration of content will result in an alteration in the present and the future.

The first act of correction or cure is always “Revise.” If the past can be recreated into the present, so can the revised past. And thus the Revised Past appears within the very heart of her present life; not Fate but a revised past brought her good fortune.

Make results and accomplishment the crucial test of true imagination and your confidence in the power of imagination to create reality will grow gradually from your experiments with revision confronted by experience. Only by this process of experiment can you realize the potential power of your awakened and controlled imagination.

“How much do you owe my master?” He said, “A hundred measures of oil”. And he said to him, “Take your bill, and sit down quickly and write fifty!” [Luke 16:5,6]. This parable of the unjust steward urges us to mentally falsify the facts of life, to alter a theme already in being. By means of such imaginative falsehoods, a man “acquires friends” [Luke 16:9]. As each day falls, mentally revise the facts of life and make them conform to events well worthy of recall; tomorrow will take up the altered pattern and go forward until at length it is realized on the heights of attainment.

The reader will find it worthwhile to follow these clues — imaginal construction of scenes implying the wish fulfilled, and imaginative participation in these scenes until tones of reality are reached. We are dealing with the secret of imagining, in which man is seen awakening into a world completely subject to his imaginative power.

Man can understand recurrence of events well enough (the building of a world from images supplied by memory) — things remaining as they are. This gives him a sense of security in the stability of things. However, the presence within him of a power which awakens and becomes what it wills, radically changing its form, its environment and the circumstances of life, inspires in him a feeling of insecurity, a dreadful fear of the future.

Now, “it is high time to awake out of sleep” [Romans 13:11] and put an end to all the unlovely creations of sleeping Man.

Revise each day.

“Let your strong imagination turn the great wheel backward until Troy unburn.”
[— (Sir) John Collings Squire, "The Birds"]


Now, what do you think of this woman's experience? She revised her past, and the revised past healed her present. It is a pretty slick trick if you can imagine as intently and successfully as she did. Here's to a strong imagination and to God's power in it.

4 Comments:

  • Have you got rid of your arthitis pain for good? Chronic pain due to spine and joint problems is one of things that make me suicidal now and then.

    By Anonymous W, at 5:39 PM  

  • Thank you for writing. I wish I could say yes, all my pain from arthritis is gone for good, but it is not. But I have nothing like the pain I was having. The fault, I know, is with me. The complete lapse of pain I felt was God saying, "Yes, I can." And I was all happy with that. But I have been unfaithful to uphold that attitude. I still arthritis; it seems to be less now or at least less inflamed. The problem is I am lazy to maintain the assumption and too interested in other things, specifically, the theology involved in all this. I wrote a post to Ms De Crooy about Neville's lecture on the Cabala. In that lecture, a woman in her dream was trying to get to Neville's apartment and realized that she could imagine herself there, and there she was. I am trying to work out that this is not magic, and yet it is. It is greater than "magic" as we call it. We are dealing with the Ineffable's Imagination, the real, big stuff. Intelligence that is power to become. THAT is us. The whole of Eil Shaddai RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW. We are THAT. Maybe try imagining him imagining you healed, right now. Never suicide physically -- you'll miss how things turn out. "Suicide" the old man to the Messiah within, and you will find out.

    By Blogger Daniel C. Branham-Steele, at 11:11 PM  

  • Thank you for answering. What I found most difficult is to attain the state of "living in the end", I think it's pretty hard to get to that state while in physical pain, I still didn't manage to ignore the pain and discomfort and fall deeply into the imaginal act, my mind start to wander pretty qickly, either that or I fall asleep (and it's not during the imagination process, which would be a good thing, I fall asleep when I finally relax after my mind been wandering for some time). Of course, in the Neville's works are some reports like that of the woman who freed herself from a crippled condition just by imaging her in pleasent walk in the beach (Through the Looking Glass)and the case of another woman who healed her back problems by literally going back in time and stopping what caused her healthy condition, I think those are really amazing and inspiring stories that you don't see often in the LoA circles where everybody's success stories is mostly about earning pay rises, business deals, getting the ex back, etc., but still, I found pretty hard to ignore my (present) physical body. Maybe the way to go is like in the first case I mentioned, the woman didn't focus in the healing part, just imagined herself walking in the beach, something she wasn't able to do due to her health condition, which she reversed instantly (and unintentionally), but again, I have to work on getting to that state which I can free myself from body within my mind and stay alert.

    By Anonymous W, at 7:26 AM  

  • In the first half of November of this year I posted a few articles about the antediluvian patriarchs. The line of reasoning is that you are Adam and Eve and Cain (the one who is causing you pain right now) and Abel ("dead" in forgetting) AND Seth. Seth is in a state of Enosh (Enos/weakness) due to ignorance. The antediluvian patriarchs are psychological progression unto the state of Noah, the key to getting to the new, desired world sans your problem. There is the discovery and excitement that there is a God and then the humility and even terror that, yeah, there really is. There is then initiation into his love and the death of the selfish, rebellious self unto full trust and faith in Him. THEN, in that strength, you rise with the flood of sleep into world of his presence.

    If the short route doesn't cut it for you, try the long route outlined above. Remember all the people are you -- states that you go through. And there really is the Lord Jesus Christ powerful IN you to answer your prayer. Noah is just a way of praying. You want to keep Jesus close while you are praying. That is really easy, because he is your consciousness, your awareness of being. It is like, "Come on, let's go."

    By Blogger Daniel C. Branham-Steele, at 2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home