The Becoming God

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

"Unless you believe I am he": Moses Preached the Gospel of John 8: 24: Another way of Saying Exodus 3: 14, "What I would be, I become by imagining"

Neville Goddard said it many times: "Unless you believe that you are the man or woman that you want to be, you shall die in your sins." That was his take on John 8: 24, "If ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins" -- "he" is who you desire to be.

Do you want to be "abundanced?" The Hebrew word 'jethro' means his jutting over, his excellence. Moses was contemplating thoughts of the jutting-over, excellent man he wanted to be when the revelation struck him: "What I would be . . . I become . . . by imagining" (Exodus 3: 14). In the ancient Aramaic that is "Ahiyeh Ashur hiyeh" (Victor Alexander's transliteration). I have been contemplating this verse for some years:

Ahiyeh: the absolute sense of being the one who comes;
Ashur: the power, the Beginning Spark that kindles the fire of imagination, the uncreated Creator who creates everything from nothing (except what it itself is);
Hiyeh: the person I desire to be.

In today's simple English: "What I would be, I become by imagining I am." That is not God's name; it is his nature in us. God's nature orchestrates what is "now" toward that desired and intended end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home