The Becoming God

Monday, April 08, 2024

A Little Explanation of the Name, YHWH --"The LORD"

In my post, The War of IS, I quoted the King James Version Bible: "The LORD is a man of war; the LORD is His name . . . Thy right hand, O LORD, is become glorious in power: thy right hand, O LORD, hath dashed in pieces the enemy" (Exodus 15:3,6, emphasis mine). The LORD, of course, is not God's name. God's qualities and nature qualify Him to be lord over everything. Those qualities and nature are His "name," and they qualify Him to be lord.

The Hebrew word translated LORD is YHWH (Yahweh, Yahovah, Jehovah, etc.), which means "He is" (third person singular of hayah, "to be, to become," Strong's 1961). Note that there is transition from state to state involved. You will hear innumerable teachers say that YHWH means "I AM." The Hebrew word AHWH, found in Exodus 3:14, actually does mean "I AM." The thing is, because He is, we are. In Exodus chapter 3, Moses seems to meet God outside of himself, God being "over there." But the event Moses was going through was being whispered--sourced--from INSIDE himself: the God "over there" was speaking from within. He, God (or Allaha), is dreaming He is us, each of us individually. So because He is imagining He is me, and I am being sourced from within, I am!

You can take that to the Milta bank.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home