The Becoming God

Monday, March 25, 2024

The Field is a Person (This is One)

In 1975 Jesus spoke directly into my mind as an audible voice. I was rather shocked and surprised that He could do that, that His power could transcend from where He was in heaven to right inside the aural nerves of my brain, causing me to hear Him clearly without physical sound waves entering either ear. The most shocking thing was that He was monitoring my thoughts and was aware of what I was thinking at just that moment, and was over me as a farmer tying to get a weak plant to grow.

Me? I was 25, enjoying living in Hawaii in the back of a pickup truck (don't try it; it's illegal), getting by on savings and unemployment. I rode my bicycle around, sailed with friends, ate ice cream at the Ilikai Hotel, read books in the lounge of the Hilton at night, showered at the yacht harbor I parked in--I was a happy-go-lucky Navy Veteran . . . bum. I was a nothing, a bum living on an island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Why the heck was Jesus watching over and listening to me, would even expend the energy to speak to me?

I recognized immediately that if He would speak to a worthless nobody like me, then certainly He has spoken to many other people over the years, people who were intelligent, capable, involved with society. Many of them must have written down what he said to them, organized and published it. I determined right then to go out to find what Jesus has said to other people.

I was in Hawaii; I called my mother in California. She said there was a Bible School I might be able to attend there and get veterans' benefits. I started at Melodyland School of Theology that September as a junior. I was two-points below zero in qualifications for junior college, let alone college or university.

I say all that to say this: I studied theology, not religion. I wanted to learn what God is, what Jesus is, how and why He spoke into the aural nerves of my brain, and, basically, what the heck is going on. What is He doing this for? Why does the Life the Holy Ghost is seem to come and go?

Forty-nine years later, I can say that "God" is caused by Something Infinitely Greater, an ineffable, unknowable "No-thing" I sometimes designate as either the Ineffable or as the (...?). That incomprehensible No-thing is nevertheless CONSCIOUS, and Its consciousness is what we call God, the Allahoota (Aramaic for Godhood). The Ineffable's consciousness is like an electromagnetic field, a medium of intelligence and power that is everywhere all at once. Here is the rub: although the medium of the Ineffable's consciousness is universal, It is a PERSON. Pick any speck anywhere at any time in all the universe/ universes, and you touch that Person. The whole of everything is Him. Sorry ladies, but yes, you too.

Continued next post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home