The Becoming God

Sunday, March 24, 2024

Luke 11:8 Backwards and Forward

The King James suggests that God will provide for us if we importune:

"And he from within shall answer and say, 'Trouble me not: the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give thee.' I say unto you, though he will not rise and give him, because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him as many as he needeth."

We have sometimes got to push God, right? Go boldly before the throne and demand, right? He gives because of OUR importunity, right? Niet.

Victor Alexander's translation from the Ancient Aramaic says God is more than willing, will do what is right because that is His nature:

"And he replies from inside and says to him, 'Do not bother me. Behold, the door is locked and my children are in bed with me. I cannot rise and give you [the bread].' I tell you, that if not out of a sense of kinship he does it, then surely because of his integrity he will rise and give him as much as he wants* (I tell you, that if because of kinship he will not not give it to him, he will rise and give him as much as he wants because of his persistent sense of duty."

Jesus was saying that God has integrity, of Himself a persistent sense of duty, beyond that of kinship with us for which He answers prayers. His is an integrity we can trust. Jesus' message is:

"I also tell you, ask and it shall be given to you. Seek and you will find it. Knock and it will be opened to you. For whoever asks, receives, and [whoever] seeks, finds, and [whoever] knocks, it will be opened to him" (Luke 11:9-10 Alexander).

It isn't because of us; it is because of HIM! If God has this persistent sense of duty, His Manifestation the Milta has it, too. And if the Milta is to us Eashoa, Jesus, . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home