The Becoming God

Sunday, July 02, 2023

Heading For Healing 38: Pursue PRESENT Sonship

God's purpose is for SONS, sons in the present moment. You believe in God, that Jesus is His Son, and that you are saved? That's nice. But you are dealing with the wrong proposition. God doesn't want just believers; He wants SONS. Sons who will manifest Him in the NOW like Jesus did. To those who believe Jesus is the Son of God He gives the power to become SONS of God (John 1:12). While many are called into the field of believers, few pursue their full sonship NOW. I have not heard of a finer man than Dr. Frank C. Laubach. A believing missionary to the Moros in the Philippines, he found God still pushing, even travailing for "the Christ-thing which has no name" to be formed in him (see March 9, 1930, below):

"The most wonderful discovery that has ever come to me is that I do not have to wait until some future time for the glorious hour. I need not sing, 'Oh that will be glory for me -' and wait for any grave. This hour can be heaven. Any hour for any body can be as rich as God! For do you not see that God is trying experiments with human lives? That is why there are so many of them. He has one billion seven hundred million experiments going on around the world at this moment. And His question is, 'How far will this man and that woman allow allow me to carry this hour?' This Sunday afternoon at three o'clock He was asking it of us all. I do not know what the rest of you said, but as for me, I asked, 'God, how wonderful dost Thou wish this hour alone with Thee to be?'

“'It can be as wonderful as any hour that any human being has ever lived. For I who pushed life up through the protozon and the tiny grass, and the fish and the bird and the dog and the gorilla and the man, and who am reaching out toward divine SONS, I have not become satisfied yet. I am not only willing to make this hour marvelous. I am in travail to set you akindle with the Christ-thing which has no name. How fully can you surrender and not be afraid?'" (Emphases mine).

Sons. Not just believers, but people who know that God is IN them and who submit TO Him. Frank got moving. Will you pull up your stakes of complicity with the world and set out to sonship? God is in travail to set you akindle with the Christ-thing which has no name. That, I believe, is our actions in and with the Holy Ghost. Thousands may be healed before you are, but you will get to see them healed and saved with you. I guess it isn't "onward Christian soldiers, marching as to war"; but rather, "onward Christian soldiers, marching to war." Shape up and stand by to engage. Believe me, you won't have long to wait. Hurry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home