The Becoming God

Friday, June 16, 2023

I Am Stuck With Knowing That God Is Real

I do not often talk about my back being healed. I was working at a water filtration plant in the Navy Shipyard in Pearl Harbor. We also had filters on carts that could be taken shipside for boiler-feedwater. They were especially heavy and my co-worker backed one into its space at a ninety degree angle to the tug. I bent over and tried to help loose the cart from the tug and felt my back slip out. It was or was close to a herniated disc. I was sweating bullets in pain just to get home, and when I laid down on the floor I couldn't get up. The Gregory brothers, a chiropractic team, iced me up and got me to their clinic. Their office was closed, but they treated me for hours till I could walk out of there.

As soon as I could, I flew back to Walnut, California, holding myself up on my elbows on the airplane BECAUSE I NEEDED HEALING. I told two elders I knew well at Christian Chapel what had happened, and they took me up to the prayer room. I remember the words, "Lord Jesus, let my hands be as your hands," as one of them laid hands on me. And I was healed. Was, and am.

Can I prove it? I could dig up the xrays, but they wouldn't convince you that I was healed. I can't convince you I heard Jesus' audible voice, or that my mind's eye was opened to see a demon, or that the ecstasy I felt in the baptism in the Holy Spirit was the Holy Spirit and not an organic euphoria. But for me, I WATCHED my shorter arm grow out at the name of Jesus, and I FELT all pain leave when I asked the intelligence of God to heal my shoulder. When I hear of people de-converting from Christianity because they have no evidence of God or of Jesus, I think, "What poverty of experience!"

Daniel pretty much gave a date when the Messiah of the Jews was going to complete the Season of Grace by dying for us in chapter nine: "Four hundred and ninety years from 'X'." The Season came and went. There was nothing there at the end except Jesus. I do not know WHAT Jesus is, but I know that He is Messiah. I cannot NOT go with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home