The Becoming God

Friday, May 26, 2023

A World of Grace and Timelessness

While I believe that God, the consciousness of the Ineffable Being, has developed over time, I have to admit that I do not actually believe in time. As Einstein observed, while it is an exceedingly difficult concept to give up, there is no such thing as time. There is no reason, then, why eternity should be linear. It is somehow easy for me to believe that my "end," the being I shall become (and let me say here, "am"), has assumed that he is me. I will note here also, parenthetically, that according to Young in the introduction to Young's Literal Translation of the Bible, the ancient oracles of the Jews employed no future tense.

I am not one for calling God a liar. If He says He did something, He did, even if it were me, and I haven't done it yet. There may be something here of the vision I had of Jesus being scourged and then crucified, when He turned His face to me and said AUDIBLY in my brain, "Come unto Me." Me to become Him, my end, to be the one crucified? If in eternity He has become me for me to become Him, then we were the child God delighted in from before that the world was in Proverbs chapter 8. "We," i.e., He and I and you, too. He has put all of this in our hearts. So it was written; so it will be (is/was) done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home