The Becoming God

Thursday, May 25, 2023

Heading For Healing 35: "I am a mudman"--THIS Is Assumption: Forgiveness Is In Right Relationship

We ARE what we assume. We operate from THERE. This is the Law.

We are spirit, imagination of the Consciousness of the Ineffable, which is "God." But we are also connected to these physical bodies. The two, the consciousness we are and the physical, BECOME ONE FLESH. Just one. Consider the assumption a done deal. Assumption means that for all practical purposes we ARE what we believe ourselves to be. So while we are imagining, what we assume is to us REAL. And we are thus to "deal with it." The spiritual is to live as if the physical was real, for to us IT IS. Look at yourself. What do you see? Your ASSUMPTION.

I was driving the other day and on the radio they were discussing grace. I pieced together that Disney or someone was making a movie about a C. S. Lewis story from Narnia. Direction was given to the script writers to have a character in the story EARN his forgiveness from Aslan. A Christian writer explained that is not how the grace in the story works, and spent the better part of the day explaining that grace is given; it cannot be earned.

I do not know how the rest of that conversation went, but I thought about how Christ won our forgiveness. Didn't He earn it? How did I earn mine? I remembered the moment I was forgiven: in full and complete submission to God, I had said, "You are Glorious God; I am a mudman. Whatever You tell me to do, that I will do." And then I shut up and listened.

After some minutes in that state the One monitoring me said, "Remember this, and it is all right." What had I DONE? I had recognized and entered a right relationship with God: Him being God, and me and my assumption being a) one, and b) His. That was the "this" I was to remember.

Yes, I--the spirit/imagining part of me--is God, but I for the moment am living in the assumption of this physical body of dissolved minerals--a mudman. I AM a mudman. As such I am God's slave, His manifestation in the process of becoming His Manifestation, my "end"-- the Father as the Son becoming the Father. Or rather the Son of the Father becoming the Father. Was not the ransom "paid" by Jesus Christ (two parties as one!) His obedience, His fulfillment of and His faithfulness to His assumption? He remembered "this," what was right, and it was deemed "all right."

We are obliged to BE what we have assume we ARE. This is the Law. Recognizing our position, our RIGHT relationship to God in our assumed state does not earn us anything, but it opens us up to His grace, which is promised and freely given. "This is my destiny" (Mark 15:34 Alexander), said the Guys on the cross, which is what we ARE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home