The Becoming God

Sunday, April 09, 2023

The Blind Eye: Anti-Christianity Deconversion Sites in Wrong War, Going Wrong Way, Playing Wrong Game, Not Seeing That Salvation Is Spiritual, Not Intellectual

God's Spirit is in us giving us life, this life we are living by His grace, and we are doing with it what WE want, not what HE wants. This is the invisible reality the Bible seeks to illustrate and lead into correction. "I (Life) am that 'I' (the Life in man) am" (Exodus 3:14, parentheses mine). God is the Life. It is from Him and of Him. It is HIS, and He had a purpose for making each of us to live. We rob Him of that purpose by living our lives for ourselves, under our own direction, as if we were separate from Him. We are NOT separate and independent from God. Never have been, never will be. He is not operating by remote control. But we are not submitted to Him, to His direction. We are HIS, but under our own self-lordship we are in rebellion against Him. We are thieves. Rebels and thieves.

For some reason I do not hear this truth in deconversion videos. I do not hear realization of self-lordship and rebellion and repentance from them--being crushed in self-condemnation--as motivation for their surrender and spiritual conversion in the first place. Because it didn't happen. Christianity is not acceptance of a set of doctrines or belief in a certain history being literal; it is a contrite and broken spirit submitted to doing whatsoever the Life-Giver desires, because my "I" is His, verily HIM. It is recognition of our quite literal slavery as parts of Him purposed unto HIM; i.e., we are to be HIS manifestation. We are to God as we are supposed to be to our family, one. And boy, do we fail Him.

I saw a very short clip of a young man (at 1:18) challenging some Christian preachers. He approaches them ape-like, menacingly, he or another taunting them, "Where's your 'God' now?" The answer is, "In you, being crucified." Jesus Christ's crucifixion was when He became us. His resurrection is when we become Him. It is a spiritual knowing, not an intellectual knowing; reality, not philosophy.

_______________________________

PS: This post is subject to further editing:

1. God is not a figure of light sitting on a big chair some distance from us, separate and magical. God is the consciousness of some great thing unknown and incomprehensible to us--the Ineffable. The point is: It has become us to manifest that great thing. THAT is our purpose in life: to become IT.

2. I watched a couple of guys making their living deriding what isn't Christianity (belief it's literal history instead of the reality imaged) taking about how horrible slavery was and is. But that's human slavery. You can reject and renounce God all you want, but you are still His slave, anyway. It's not an option. But you are a slave with all the freedom in the world to do all the good you could want any which way you can.

3. I believe God speaks to us through music and the lyrics of songs. These two songs come to mind thinking of deconvertees and the truly repentant. Compare: It's My Life and Can't Find My Way Home. I heard somewhere that Steve Winwood styled his singing after Ray Charles. Can't Find My Way Home lyrics:

[Verse 1]
Come down off your throne and leave your body alone
Somebody must change
You are the reason I've been waiting so long
Somebody holds the key

[Chorus]
But I'm near the end and I just ain't got the time
And I'm wasted and I can't find my way home

[Verse 2]
Come down on your own and leave your body alone (I hear "at home" at 2:17 in video)
Somebody must change
You are the reason I've been waiting all these years
Somebody holds the key

[Chorus]
But I'm near the end and I just ain't got the time
And I'm wasted and I can't find my way home

[Outro]
But I can't find my way home
But I can't find my way home
But I can't find my way home
But I can't find my way home
Still I can't find my way home
And I ain't done nothing wrong
But I can't find my way home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home