The Becoming God

Thursday, March 30, 2023

Why I Do Not--Will Never--Deconvert From Christianity (4)

Response miracles. God confirms apostles' words with miracles, be they healings, signs, or wonders. The point is Someone other than ourselves is doing them, and He, She, or It wants us to believe in Jesus Christ and the reward He has won. Well, for me the words have been confirmed. Admittedly, sometimes the confirmation could conceivably be something from or by me or something other than God. Other times, though, they are things that couldn't. The ecstatic effects of the baptism in the Holy Spirit and hearing Jesus' voice audibly in my brain could be aberrations of my own imagination, but watching my arm grow out at Jesus' name could not. Not as we know the imagination, that is. Maybe there are conscii who are affecting or employing their own religion upon us. They have their reasons if they are doing to us what has been done to them--their message being the message they received.

In any case, God has adequately demonstrated to me that He is real. I HAVE evidence, physical evidence which is empirical even if only to me. I know that the history of the Bible is not meant to be historically literal, that it is allusion, metaphor, symbol and allegory of the human imagination as God. And somebody had to experience it in order to teach it, else we wouldn't have books of it.

I do not endorse the miracleless modern church. That people leave it makes perfect sense to me. I am not there either. But I know that the God stuff is real. Divine intelligence and the Holy Spirit are not phony-baloney, but are the very medium we live in! In the miracleless church there is the blind leading the blind. But once you are out of the church it depends on which way you go. I hope you see the Holy Spirit and hear the Holy Spirit and pursue the Holy Spirit, and the Life-Giver, Jesus Christ. God does not confirm His Word for nothing. I guess I am ruined for apostacy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home