The Becoming God

Saturday, February 12, 2022

HEAR

I am repenting in dust and ashes. Boy, have I blown it. I have misread, I believe, the Shema in Deuteronomy 6. It says, "Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God is one Lord." It struck me while reading Neville Goddard's lecture "Who are the Condemned?" that the Shema is not what to hear (that the Lord our God is one Lord), but why to hear - to hear because the Lord our God is one Lord. I.e., because the Lord our God is one Lord...HEAR! Hear what all the laws, commandments and ordinances being given are. Hear them all the time; hear them everywhere; speak of them, repeat them, and teach them. "HEAR what is being said, O Israel. Because the Lord our God is one Lord - the Imagination of the Ineffable! - Hear!"

Why should we hear? From the lecture: "Then he (Abdullah appearing to Neville) showed me a little instrument with a tape, and then he said, 'Now as you know, Neville, it only echoes; that’s all that it can do. That’s the world, the world is only mechanism, it’s just mechanical. The whole vast world, the eternal structure of God’s eternal world, all these garments they’re just as mechanical as that. And now, you’re not going to speak into it, you’re only going to hear, you’re going to listen, and what you listen to will play back there. What you listen to and hear from within you, as you actually hear it you’ll play it back there'" (parenthesis and emphasis mine)...

What we hear is what becomes.

"When I know what I want to be, I simply assume that I am it. But I’m not dumb, and so if I were it I would share my good fortune with others and I would tell them, and they, in turn, would talk to me and tell me, as a friend, how they rejoice because of my good fortune. So now I carry on a mental conversation from the premise of my wish fulfilled, carry it on with them, and listen carefully until I actually hear the sound of their voice within me. Physically they may be in Timbuktu—I don’t care where they are physically—the fact that I bring them in my mind’s eye and carry on with them this mental conversation. Then, in a way that I do not know in my conceptual mind, the thing happens, and I’m resurrected from my former state, which was a dead state, into this now new living state."


From How To Use Your Imagination: "Here is the way a lady wisely used this law of revision: It appears that two years ago she was ordered out of her daughter-in-law's home. For two years there was no correspondence. She had sent her grandson at least two dozen presents in that interval, but not one was ever acknowledged. Having heard the story of revision, this is what she did: As she retired at night, she mentally constructed two letters, one she imagined coming from her grandson, and the other from her daughter-in-law. In these letters they expressed deep affection for her and wondered why she had not called to see them. This she did for seven consecutive nights, holding in her imaginary hand the letter she imagined she had received and reading these letters over and over until it aroused within her the satisfaction of having heard."

This art of revision can be used in any department of your life. Take the matter of health. Suppose you were ill. Bring before your mind's eye the image of a friend. Put upon that face an expression which implies that he or she sees in you that which you want the whole world to see. Just imagine he is saying to you that he has never seen you look better, and you reply, "I have never felt better."

“Even what I have told you from the beginning. And when you have lifted up the Son of man, then you will know that I am he”

From Who are the Condemned? "The name is not Jesus. Name means 'nature.' The nature of this Son of God, he doesn’t believe in it; because Jesus is the Father. The world doesn’t know that; they can’t believe that. They speak of Jesus, Jesus being Jehovah, the grand I AM, that’s Jesus. If you spell it in French, you might get onto it: Je Suis. Spell Je Suis and you get Jesus—a little 'i,' drop the 'i'—Je Suis is 'I am' in French. And so you spell it out in the Latin form, you’re going to get I AM. So that is God. 'Go and tell them I AM (-Jesus -) has sent you' (Ex. 3:14). Who is speaking?—the Lord of the universe!...

"Therefore take the story…nothing is more important than that the story of Christ Jesus should be heard and responded to. In the Book of John it is underlined that necessity of hearing; one has to hear it (emphasis mine). So go and preach Jesus Christ not as secular history. Go and try to the best of your ability to unfold for anyone who will hear you the mystery of that story, because everyone is going to have it."

From Mental Diets (Mental Diets audio):

"Most of us are totally unaware of the fact that our inner conversations are the causes of the circumstance of our life..."

It would appear that our inner conversations are where the rubber of the Law of Reversibility meets the road.

"How would I send my Word to help a friend? I would imagine that I am hearing his voice, that he is physically present, that my hand is on him. I would then congratulate him on his good fortune, tell him that I have never seen him look better. I would listen as though I heard him; I would imagine that he is telling me he has never felt better, he has never been happier. And I would know that in this loving, knowing communion with another, a communion populous with loving thoughts and feelings, that my word was sent, and it shall not return unto me void, but it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it...

"'Now is the accepted time, now is the day of salvation.' It is only what is done now that counts, even though its effects may not be visible until tomorrow. We call, not out loud, but by an inner effort of intense attention. To listen attentively, as though you heard, is to create."

We call...by an inner effort of intense attention. To listen attentively, as though you heard, is to create.

You cannot visualize? Listen! Pretend you are for-real hearing what you desire on a telephone, as one of Neville's students suggested. She would hear, and then have all the emotions and excitement as though it were really heard. Do Jarrett's It Works listing and read your list with HEARING. (There is a later edition of It Works I am not familiar with.)

"Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God" (Psalm 50:23 KJV).
"He who is sacrificing praise honoureth Me, As to him who maketh a way, I cause him to look on the salvation of God!" (Young's Literal Translation).

It isn't merit; it's meditation. 

A Lao Tzu-ish proverb: "Watch your thoughts, they become your words. Watch your words, they become your actions. Watch your actions, they become your habits. Watch your habits, they become your character. Watch your character, it becomes your destiny."

Controlling the tongue is an inner thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home