The Becoming God

Saturday, February 05, 2022

Nonduality - Can It Be Tri-alitism?

I have a concept of God being at once the Ineffable (...?) beyond being, the consciousness of that (...?), and the manifestation of that consciousness. The idea is that God is all these three things at once, yet without separation or division; i.e., not at any time is He "two". I support this with the statement that advaita means "without division": "Not one, but not two."

I have gotten flack for this, told that such triunity in reality is a tri-ality, that advaita just means "not two," not "not one, but not two." "You cannot have two (or more) things in a nonduality." Admitedly, advaita does mean "not two," but if you have multiple things which appear to be dual but are in fact nondual, they must then exist without division. Which is my point. The earth is one living thing made up of multitudes of things. Our selves are so - spirit, soul, and body - and you are not you without all three. And we are all one. What is the point of nonduality if you only have a single thing to begin with?

I had an interesting experience with nonduality. During my baptism in the Holy Spirit as we call it, I was rejected by God due to my own self-lordship. I repented and rejected all self-control of myself - literally cast it out of myself - and surrendered completely to God. Fully submitted, I was conscious that I was a being, a consciousness granted to live as a mud-man in the here and now, and that the Ineffable (...?) who had given me Its life was present above me. In complete submission I said to It, "You are Glorious God, I am a mud-man. Whatever You want me to do, I will do it." And then I waited for instruction. I was not going to move until It said to move.

I waited in silence listening keenly - completely oblivious to my immediate surroundings. Then I heard that still, quiet voice, "Remember this, and it is all right." I was accepted. Here is the thing: I entered TWO ecstasies. One was my psychological emotions: I was at once thrilled, overjoyed, relieved, overwhelmed with love and appreciation for God's grace. I adored Him. The other was a welling up of excitement in my physical bowels. From deep in my gut rose a quivering flood of life, of the Holy Spirit (it actually did feel like rising, flowing water). Interestingly, the immersion is INSIDE. Wanting to express my appreciation and adoration of God, when the flooding power reached my lips, it came out as praise and worship in an oriental tongue. Which was cool, because I had gone there to ask for the gift of tongues.

Long story short, I, or rather my mind or consciousness, sat inside my body as an observer of what my body was doing. I exercised absolutely no control over my mouth or speaking. The power or life which had arisen in me was running the whole show. "I" was ecstatic over here in my mind, and It was ecstatic "over there" in my body. Believe me, I was very aware of the seeming duality. It [I (!)] was observer and Energy, "me" and "Life happening." This was nonduality, which I experienced as "a guest along for the ride." I think it is our destiny as conscii that after this sphere we are to imagine, and for Life to do its thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home