The Becoming God

Thursday, June 03, 2021

Seekers May Need To Cross Paths With The Church

What I like about C.F. Rehnborg and Maarten Matisse is that they were church-skeptical seekers after the truth. Wrestled in their own minds. I participated in the Methodist Church up through high school, then fell away a good bit in the Navy and subsequent occult leadings. Hey, it was the late 1960s and early 70s. After my mind's eye incident with the demon and Jesus I launched into seekerdom. Accepting the Sonship of Jesus and then the baptism in the Holy Spirit, and then Jesus' speaking to me in my physical brain, I set off to find out what else God had SPOKEN to people. This has led me to understand that God usually speaks in illustration.

Ideas enter our imagination from the imagination He is (and that is exactly how far away He is). He draws us a picture. The Book of Genesis is a picture of one person's psychological evolution, like what some go through in Alcoholics Anonymous. I find in our encompassing manifestation (see Gregg Braden's The Seven Essene Mirrors) conversation from God: "This is you, what your attitudes are like, what your relationship with Me is like, (and etc.)." Not always a happy time, but enlightening. It is the stuff I need to work on, so I do not try to get away from it. The big message I am getting all the time is to work on prayer. I do not Neville (the process he used), and need to. I mean on my knees enter the bliss my friend Janet Gunther found when she was healed of TB.

The only person I can remember by name being baptized in the Holy Spirit off on his own was J. Rodman Williams, my theology professor at Melodyland School of Theology. Most others receive the baptism with the laying on of hands from ministers. If you are standing there and they press you off balance at the forehead, that is not being slain in the spirit, that is the sensation of falling. I was on my knees oblivious to the ministers' hands on my shoulders. God gave me an illustration trip to my sin and to repentance, and then to a new life. Maybe I have crossed over. It certainly is a new world. Oh, I was going to say I responded to Cheryl's inquiry about demons at

https://imagicworldview.blogspot.com/2021/06/and-continues-on-demons.html

Thanks for reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home