The Becoming God

Thursday, June 03, 2021

Don't Let Go, Cheryl

Cheryl Craig closed her most recent comment "Wresting (like Jacob perhaps) with God, wanting to think of myself when I hear the word Jesus Christ."

My advice: just imagine/ pray for others lovingly, for their blessings and success, health and all things good. Be generous and helpful, gracious and all things good. Be forgiving and long-suffering. After BEING Jesus Christ for awhile, you will naturally associate yourself with Him when you hear Your name.

Dr. Joseph Murphy- When You Say I AM, You Are Annoucing The Presence Of The Living GOD Within You

1 Comments:

  • Hi Dan, I have been thinking about this post for several days now because it answers the question for me of God's will. For 25 plus years I have been trying to understand "God's will" for me and how to make sense of my will (as I Am) and how to make sense of Neville's teaching that desires are gifts of God, to marry the two so to speak. But your post has given me some clarity and Neville was teaching it all along. Do all within the premise of the Golden Rule and you can't go wrong. I guess one of the things that was hanging me up is thinking that personal wants are selfish and not under the umbrella go God's will. It was your post telling me to be as Jesus for a while and giving me examples of how to be, that I realized two things could be true at the same time, I could be all these wonderful attributes of Christ and still be what I desire to be, one does not have to negate the other. My will and God's will are one as long as I am practicing the Golden Rule. I know that may not seem like a big revelation, but it is the little shifts in understanding that sometimes clear the way to the bigger picture. I wanted to add too that my Hebrew letter for the week is Khaf, which is, in part, about ego bending. This added weight to your response to me about your take on the ego and not really about killing it but modifying it. Khaf teaches to bend the ego and shape our character. I love synchronicity. God is good!

    Sincerely,
    Cheryl C

    By Blogger ccraig, at 5:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home