The Becoming God

Monday, May 31, 2021

Paul McCartney's Fortune Maker

This has nothing to do with Paul McCartney. It was just a fantasy I had this morning. No, I do not usually think about Paul or any other man in the morning, but my mind was ruminating on recent ideas of imagination plus faith. It put together some ideas of a "fortune maker" to help me get there. It was an illustration, the language God teaches in. So if anything, it was God thinking about Paul McCartney.

A few years ago Paul joined James Cordon on Carpool Karaoke. I had never seen the program nor had ever heard of James Cordon, but my son played it from his computer to our television, and I enjoyed it. In the program Paul visited and gave a surprise performance at a pub where he had played in his youth. In my God-given fantasy I saw Paul in the pub meeting an elderly man, an old fan. The old man said, "I knew you'd be a success." Paul paused, putting two and two together. He recognized that this old man had been his fortune maker. For Paul had been compelled to success by the fan's conviction, his confidence and belief that at the end - in years to come - Paul was a success. Paul's success flowered from him. Yes, Paul McCartney was of the same mind, confident of his success which he pursued and won. But the old man was a support, an member of the cord, propulsion in the current that McCartney lived.

Again, this has nothing to do with Paul McCartney. He is symbolic to me, an image of mindset and success - an illustration. God was just talking to me, "It's like this."

There was a second part of the conversation. God is talking to me about godding as Rabbi David A. Cooper discussed in God is a Verb. He has me rereading portions of the book I didn't understand before. By godding we father Christ.

Our fortune maker is our imagination in the state of belief, not necessarily for ourselves. We can think for ourselves, but ought practice converting all bad input to good report for others. What we give them we get too. "With kind consideration let every human being regard their friend greater than themselves. And no human being should worry about themselves only, except about their friends also. Contemplate this within yourselves, just as the Messiah" (Philippians 2:3b-5 Alexander).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home