The Becoming God

Thursday, December 26, 2019

Heading For Healing 16: Jesus is God Poured Usward--Thus the Heavens Expand

One of the loveliest verses in the Bible is 1st Corinthians 2:9, translated from the ancient Aramaic by Victor Alexander:

"Eye does not see and ear does not hear, and over the heart does not rise the thing God graced to those who mercy Him."

". . . to those who mercy Him." Lovely beyond comprehension:

"That is when the King says to those from his right, 'Come, blessed of my Father, inherit the Kingdom that was destined for you from the foundations of the universe. For I was hungry and you gave me to eat. I was thirsty and you gave me to drink. I was an outcast and you took me in. I was naked and you clothed me. I was ill and you visited me. I was in prison and you came to me.'

"Then the saintly will say to him, 'Our Lord, when did we see you hungry and we fed you, or you were thirsty and we gave you drink? And when did we see you an outcast and we took you in, or when were you naked and we clothed you? And when did we see you ill or in prison and we came to you?'

"And the King replied and told them, 'Amen, I am telling you, that whatever you do for one of these my little brethren, for ME you have done that'" (Matthew 25:34-40 Alexander, emphasis mine).

"Those from His right," means they were the King's own right hand! Unknowingly, they were channels of His spiritual power. Their mercy to the little brethren was mercy to Him.

There is a structure here to be perceived. The King has no place to rest his head, yet, "Amen, amen, I am telling you, that whatever you ask of my Father in my name, you shall receive" (John 16:23 Alexander). The King asks nothing for Himself. He is God poured usward. He only mercied God -- mercy to US!! What, then, should we do?

"What causes fights and arguments among you? Was it not from the desires that war in your members? You pine and lust, but you get nothing; you kill and plunder, but you remain empty-handed; you bite poisonously your way in a fight, but you end up with nothing -- all because you did not ask. Maybe you asked, but you did not receive because you asked with evil intentions, just to satisfy your own desires" (James 4:1-3 Alexander).

We are to be God's flow, channels of His spiritual power to all the world, asking nothing for ourselves but for the world. "Ask, and be satisfied that your joy shall be complete" (John 16:24 Alexander). T. L. Osborn saw Jesus up close and personal. He and Daisy Osborn then poured forth their lives unto the lost of the world. Were there miracles? Perhaps millions of them. The gifts are given for the establishing of the church in the world. Maybe your church doesn't need them anymore, but a lot of the world doesn't have any church yet! You want a miracle? GO THERE (there is no distance between you and the world which needs more of God).

See John 16:23-24 Without Ulerior Motives

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home