The Becoming God

Monday, May 21, 2018

Raymond 6 Has Good Questions on God's Inconsistency

Dan,

I am writing because I forgot to ask you in my last email a curiosity or reality that has been bothering me for some time, which is the inconsistency of the way God answers prayers. For example, what happened to me with the license plate was a direct response from God to my plea for help that morning, but at the same time, what's going on with my other prayers? Is God ignoring me? Because I need my other prayers answered now, and they seem to be this huge battle uphill. The day of the license plate experience I didn't visualize it, I didn't pray for it, I didn't focus on it, I didn't write it down nor make it some kind of goal or objective for the day to get a response from God; I simply said it in a ranting/complaining manner, and 20 minutes later I received the answer on the license plate. What's going on? Have you encountered this inconsistency? Have you discovered why some prayers are answered within minutes like a miracle and others take days, weeks, months or even years?

Also, what Neville says about imagination, may hold some truth, but it's not 100% true and I have the license plate experience as proof that imagining your reality or "praying from" is not a waterproof thing, because if it was, it should be something that you can repeat again and again, and that's not the experience I am having. I am following the guidance of Neville. He makes sense, it sounds good and logical, but then explain to me the license plate experience I had in which I didn't do nor use any of the techniques Neville talks about.

Raymond
_______________________________

Raymond,

Were to God I could explain it. 'Tis the thing we are learning; 'tis the lesson that we are God. I became a Christian from such a flippant healing. Not mine, but my mother’s best friend had a horrible migraine from reading Jesus books. She said to another friend in the most flippant and disparaging way, “Jesus gave me this headache, and he can have it!!” Her splitting headache disappeared that instant. I was about as flippant when I said to the Intelligence that IS everything, “You can heal me.” It was just a casual observation I was making, a recognition of the fact in my mind, but the throbbing pain in my shoulder disappeared that instant.

Is it a running thing, that wildly swinging arm reaching for something when we are falling that finds a hand to grab onto when no one is there? Is it spontaneous faith He is looking for, "in the instant"? Is it that our designed prayers put him to the test, and he will not be tested? I heard a story many years ago of a boy who, on a camp retreat, broke his leg sliding into base. The camp counselor told him he would call an ambulance, “Or you can have your healing.” They prayed and helped the boy up, but the leg wouldn’t hold him. They did this several times, but there was no healing. They thought and prayed about it. Someone observed, “You always get up using your good leg and then test your bad leg. Get up using your bad leg.” He had his healing putting out his "bad" leg and standing up on it.

Interesting story, but what are we to make of it in practice? Is faith caught on the run? Is it the difference between the waiting, “Please heal me,” and the running, “I am healed”?

Another interesting story from my extremely devout and serious co-worker: he was driving down the freeway when his pickup truck was clipped and spun counter-clockwise. He saw their trajectory was going to put his wife’s door right into a heavy metal stanchion. She was about to die, and there was absolutely nothing he could do about it but plead to God. Then in his peripheral vision he saw a hand appear to his left. It placed itself on his left front fender and straightened out the truck going right down the lane. Stan wasn’t one to lie about that, or to ever doubt God.

There is no waterproof thing about God except that God is God. Maybe repetition is not to manufacture or earn but to transcend in mind to that kind of running faith/ faith on the run there. I am quite sure the key is assumption. Assumption is a state of consciousness, which is what God is. This life IS His assumption. Trying to "get there" is not getting there. We have to find the entrance to the assumption that we are there somehow without the effort. It is not an accomplishment but a surrender. Perhaps this is why the process is to a) recognize God, and then b) rejoice, praise, thank, delight, feel satisfaction and relief. How much effort is in these?

Which raises the question in my mind, "Why do we so tenaciously hold onto this life?" Is it that we doubt God? Don't trust Him for another life? We prayed for my mother, and she died. I find it often those who say, "Whatever, God. You're dealing the cards. You want me to die; here I am. You want me to live; here we go. It is entirely up to you. In the meantime, I am going back to work." Seems like a lot of these people testify to this moment for an awfully, awfully long time.

Dan Steele

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home