The Becoming God

Friday, May 18, 2018

If Napoleon Hill Found Anything Regarding Success . . .

I have a new respect for Napoleon Hill. Honestly. Yes, I read the exposé of his con-man, criminal past. Stories and made-up bs was his way of life. The story about him is bs, too. Take it with a grain of salt. I have an imagic-of-God-world view that tells me there is something revealed in Hill's life which illumined God's nature. Hill alluded to a secret hidden in the pages of his books which he said the perceptive could pickup on and become successful right away. We search and ponder: is it definiteness of purpose? having a burning desire? visualization?

Well, the hidden secret Hill alluded to was a con-man's trick. He didn't know what it was, either. He was just trying to keep us interested and looking for the secret so intently that we wouldn't notice the con.

I think, though, that Mr. Hill inadvertently stumbled upon a very valuable key to success which even he was not aware of, not in so many words, anyway. The key is that God is constantly putting Himself out. He is self-promoting in a good way. He has an excellent self-image. "And this hope of the Kingdom is preached in all the universe, as a testimony for all nations” (Matthew 24:14 Alexander sans future tense). You cannot do that without thinking well of yourself. It is a constant imagining of "I am great," "I am worthy," "I am capable," "This is wonderful," "Everything I need is here." It is the honest self love of someone who makes sure that he is worthy of it, that those qualities become manifest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home