The Becoming God

Monday, April 11, 2016

Note to DeBorah: Neville's "How to Really Pray" is also "Repentance, a Gift of God"

DeBorah,

I have been transcribing Goddard's How to Really Pray and took another look around the internet for any existing transcription. I don't really want to waste my time if the text is existent. One youtube audio noted that "How to Really Pray" was also posted as "Repentance, a Gift of God." So I looked for that. No luck for written text, but I did stumble upon http://www.mindserpent.com/?page_id=33.

What is interesting about their version of Repentance, a Gift of God is it is more than twenty minutes longer than all the other versions posted on youtube! http://www.mindserpent.com/library/goddard/audio/neville_goddard_repentance_a_gift_of_god.mp3. (Sorry, guys. I listened and found that the guy just loaded it twice.)

I am just now sitting down to listen to the "missing" part. Maybe it was just redundant tap-dancing by Neville to fill in the time, or it may be something good. I wonder what other audios MindSerpent has that are longer than all the youtube postings.

Note the thanksgiving aspect. Prayer is thanksgiving, because you have what you ask for since when you desired it. I am going to write a post about a window in the Gospel. We hear the Gospel about Jesus Christ dying for our sins and raising from the dead in our justification, ascending to heaven and coming again in judgment. We believe and are saved, filled with the Holy Spirit. And here is a window: we can exist in praise and worship and thanksgiving having all our needs met providing salvation from every lack, or we can exist in accuracy of doctrine and interpretation, saved as long as our beliefs are correct.

It is an odd choice. We know that the Gospel is right, because we are filled with the ecstasy of God's power in our solar plexus, BUT WE MISUNDERSTAND THAT THE GOSPEL IS SYMBOLIC. It is true, totally true, but not as we understand it as historical. The three days in hell that Jesus spent saving us is the period of time we are spending here in death NOW. We are getting the keys of the kingdom from Satan -- our ignorance -- right now. THAT is what this is.

I was saved in a little commune in Kaimuki called the House of Praise. Services were largely praise and worship and adoration and expressions of thanks in tongues. Euphoria in God's presence. That is what I want to get back to. I took a detour through history and doctrine. And lifelessness. Went the wrong way through the window. Not really wrong, I am just unhappy to have had to learn the error of the literal-historical point of view. You have to know evil to eschew it, you know. Well, now I know it.

Prayer is thanksgiving. Be sure to fit it in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home