The Becoming God

Thursday, May 31, 2018

My Conversation With God, or, The Gospel According To God, Part Three

When God spoke to me, it was not a lot of words. No commands, only one restriction: "Remember this, and it is all right." No “You must accept Jesus, believe all the kerygma, and devote your life to such and such.” Nothing. Just remember that he is Glorious God and is in control, and I am not (other than that I remember "this" and give it back to him when I go to him).

When Jesus spoke to me in a strong voice, he quoted Matthew 11:28. But God's still, small voice in the baptism which said, "Remember this," what verse is that? Over the years I have associated the situation in which God spoke with Genesis 1:1, Deuteronomy 6:4, and Exodus 3:14. These are the heavy-hitters in my theology. In Genesis 1:1, the Ineffable became -- note, BECAME -- the Son, the Beginning of the End Manifestation of Itself, and all potential for everything destined to be involved in that manifesting. We were in that.

Deuteronomy 6:4 says that God is one. All. Everything. The height, width, depth, and breadth of all is all One Super-Everything. The Ineffable and Its Manifestation, down to the quantum particle, are one thing — and we are included in it!

Exodus 3:14 is special when read from Victor Alexander's notes on that verse. The words themselves he could not translate due to their richness: "Ahiyeh Ashur hiyeh." The last word, hiyeh, is masculine third person singular: "his coming (becoming)." Moses had come to the party wondering about Jethro, "His Excellence" (lit. "His Jutting Remainder). Ahiyeh Ashur is the key to His Excellent Remainder's Becoming. I am a bit confused as to what His Excellence is, whether it is God's blessings of abundance in this life or his resolved-to Manifestation itself. Ahiyeh, though, is masculine first person singular: I come. Him, It, the Big Kahuna, the Ineffable Itself, the Chief Entity, Eil, the Shaddai -- that Great Being Beyond All Being says, "I (!) come."

It is my own conclusion that Ashur refers to the Imagination of the Ineffable, the Son which we call ‘God.’ "I, the Imagination of the Ineffable, am that which becomes the Manifestation." Who am I to try to control THAT?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home