The Becoming God

Thursday, May 31, 2018

My Conversation With God, or, The Gospel According To God, Part One

In my baptism in the Holy Spirit, the verbal portion of my conversation with God was brief: "Remember this, and it is all right." Yes, that was the whole kit-and-caboodle of what God said to me. Just remember that which he was referring to, what I had just seen and said, and if I remember that all is right between God and myself. I now had forgiveness for EVERYTHING, acceptance by the Almighty. My whole life had been placed before him, and he had just touched Reset. I got a do-over. All that is required of me is to "remember this."

What had I seen and said? Recognition and respect to the reality that my life is his and that he is in control.

As an individual imagining of God I had seen mud of the earth formed into a living man. The body was there, complete, and was given life; but the mind, was it blank? I wondered what a man freshly formed from mud might think seeing things for the first time. As consciousness I tuned in to the form's mind. "This is earth," it thought. "This is day. The sun will set and it will become dark and cold. There are hills and trees. I had better find shelter there."

In my mind's eye I followed behind the mudman's head. Before long I was looking through his eyes and his thoughts were my thoughts. There were all kinds of things he needed to get done: find a cave or build a shelter for safety, find firewood for warmth, and forage for food. I wondered how I would identify food, never having eaten before.

The slam was emotionally painful. For it suddenly dawned on me that I was completely absorbed in what I needed and what I was doing, yet I HAD JUST BEEN CREATED AND GIVEN LIFE BY GOD AND HAD NOT ASKED WHY. What had he made me for? He must have had a purpose, a reason. But I had just taken the life he had given and pursued my own purposes. As the man I now was knew, I had just been created, and I had not acknowledged God, not asked what he had made me for, not even thanked him for making me to live. God in his grace had given me life, and I had ungraciously run off with it. I was a thief. I had robbed God of whatever purpose he had made me for, and I had none of it, none of that purpose to offer him.

Here is the key, my friend: I had taken control of what was not mine. I was in rebellion. Having found why I was unacceptable to God, I determined that my only chance to become acceptable was to undo the control I had taken. I had to submit myself utterly to his control. Spiritual exercises I had undertaken in occult meditation before this moment enabled me to accomplish the casting out of my self-control and to achieve utter submission to God. I thought I might flop to the floor like a blob of jelly, and I ought to have, but I didn't! I became keenly aware of the presence of God, and I said to him, "You are Glorious God. I am a mudman. Whatever you (desire, will, purpose, want, direct) me to do, that I will do."

Control. That was the matter. He is Glorious God, this is his life, and he is in control. It isn't that I don't do anything, but what I do he is in control of. I am his imagining, his consciousness enlivening this mud. I am a bit of him and a bit of his Son, imagination. My house/wife is this mud, the soft scum of the mineral earth which lives. The Life is his.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home