The Becoming God

Sunday, March 17, 2024

Who is the Lord of Your Life, Minute by Minute?

Notes from my thought journal:

More on "Who is the Lord of your life, minute by minute? Who do you love?"

Are submission, obedience, and self-abandonment states you VISIT occasionally? Do you just VISIT adultery, pride, robbery, gluttony, cruelty, selfishness? Just in and out, right? No, then God's not being your Lord is pretty constant. The question is: Who is the Lord of your life RIGHT NOW? EVERY now. Who is calling the shots on your thoughts?

Life is a lie, Arlene. What of this world do we get to keep? Only the inculcated character.


More on Heading For Healing 41: Our Hands as His Hands

"Let my hands be Your hands." The laying on of my hands is Jesus' laying on of His hands; so that my hands are Jesus' hands when I lay them on you. I lay my hands on you in Jesus' name that Jesus heals you.


More on AI vs Devotion and Dedication to the Upper Reaches of Eil: the No-thing (...?):

In the edit at the end of the post, Jordan Peterson says in the linked video, "In Genesis, the temptation was to be your own god." That is the point of what I saw in My Own Practical Story in Neville Goddard's Faint. Up until that moment in my life, I had been my own god! Although I had known about God, I never acknowledged God, thought about God, thanked god, or asked what He wanted me to do. No wonder God wouldn't touch me with a ten-foot pole! Are you godding your own life, or have you learned how to let God god your life (see God is a Verb by Rabbi David A. Cooper)?

"Satan" is our desire to be our own lord, to god on our own.


More on Neville Goddard's Faint:

What was in my mind was the fainting paradox: there is COOPERATION in the unity of the One. Our submission is a kind of bow, an acknowledgment of our position in relation to the Lord. He is at the right of God: goodness/ rightness is His function. As noted in Jordan Peterson's comment above, "The temptation was to be your own god"; i.e., to god on your own, to do it all by yourself--to provide by and for yourself. Is imagination causative? Neville said imagine, and do nothing. But he didn't. He was saying, believe in God, assume you have, and faint in submission to God's fulfilling your desire if, when, and how He so chooses. Just think the well in prayer, do what you must believing in Him, and leave Him to do it. Think Jehoshaphat's praise army (2 Chronicles 20). Stay in the One, in cooperation with the One.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home