The Becoming God

Thursday, May 11, 2023

Remember THIS--This Frame of Mind You Have, This Relationship, of Who I Am and of Who and What You Are, This Respectful Humble Surrender

Another interesting comment/question from Anonymous, this time related to my post "Stop Misreading the Bible: the Lord's Prayer isn't the Prayer, It is How to Pray the Prayer" (01/02/2014). To make that post a little clearer, I added "i.e., it is the Attitude in Which to Pray It" to the title, which see.

Anonymous' comment/question:
__________________________

Hi Dan,

I find the general sequence below to be funneling towards a crucial point, but at the last moment, I seem to miss it.

“I saw that I was animated by God and had, up until that moment, done whatever I pleased with his life. This was the rebellion of self-lordship.

"I had never so much as thanked God for giving me life, nor had I ever asked for what purpose he had made me. He must have had a reason, and I had not a clue. I might have wondered why at some point, but I had never pointedly asked him and then waited for his answer.

"In the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, I asked. I distinctly remember saying, “This is your life. You animated me with your life by your grace. I belong to you. You had a purpose for making me to live. Whatever you made me for, that is what I shall do…

"I submitted myself to God. Bless God, I didn't fall flat on my face, but still I shut up and waited for his orders…

"After a minute or two in that ominous silence, though, I heard the softest of voices say regarding this relationship, ‘Remember this, and it is all right’…

‘Whatever you want me to do, that I will do.’”

1. What exactly was the “this” that you had to remember, such that it would then be “all right”? Is it everything you wrote in your post up to "Remember this"?

2. Many Christians across denominations have the experience of asking God what was God’s will for their lives, and God would tell them to do this or that, go here or go there, etc. What was yours? At that time in Honolulu, what was the answer? What was your purpose that you were made for and made to live?

3. And ever since that time in Honolulu, has his/your will changed? Has your purpose changed? Or is it something that never changes?

Thank you.
____________________

Thank you, Anonymous, for another great question. I want you to know that at that time I did not know what "this" was either. God does not give us such things; they have to be developed and discovered. I had to ask and find out (what was actually quite obvious) because I am so stupid. I am sorry I confused you also. When I heard God say, "It is all right," indicating that I was forgiven and accepted by Him, I was sooooo stoked and overwhelmed with relief, gratitude and appreciation--not to mention love--that I forgot virtually everything else in the world. The ecstasy of emotion centered in my bowels as the Living Water infused my soul and rose to my throat where it overflowed from me as language 100% under the direction and control of the Holy Ghost. My mouth was speaking, but I WASN'T!! But I digress.

Yes, I said, "Whatever you want me to do, that I will do." But that wasn't the "this." The "this" in the "Remember this" was the attitude in which I had said it, the complete surrender and humble submission of my at-that-moment contrite and broken spirit. I recognized fully and whole-heartedly that I was His possession, a slave and servant of God Almighty--and happy to be owned!!!

Did I mention that I was and am ignorant--a stupid idiot and dumber than mud? I did not know what I was supposed to do. I waited a long time for some spoken or indicated direction. He DID say audibly, "Come unto Me," which I learned was Matthew 11:28. Later, praying with three women, one prophesied, "My son, . . . " followed by Matthew 11:29. So I have been learning. At that time in Honolulu I started looking for a school. In September of 1975 I started at Melodyland School of Theology in Anaheim, California, as a junior in university. That was quite a miracle, as the only qualifications I had for college was I was breathing and God.

Resolve has developed that it is whatever He gives us to do--whatever is right in front of us--to do that in that surrender, with all the strength one has "as unto the Lord." I said in a recent post that ends like-God are good, and ends unlike-God are evil. Whatever "is" this minute, can I contribute like-God-ness to it by doing or not doing anything? by imagining a God-like end? like Freedom Barry imagining the beggar a productive citizen? Is it those who pray for/imagine world peace who are holding back the Apocalypse?

AND THANK YOU, ANONYMOUS, FOR BRINGING THIS UP: I heard the teaching several years ago, by whom I do not know, and whether or not it is true I do not know, that the word 'righteousness' is not actually in the Bible. It is a mistranslation of the word for 'RIGHTNESS.' I.e., we are the RIGHTNESS of God. I have wanted for a long time a place to say this.

I hope, Anonymous, that when you read that post again it will all make sense. Because of the Divine Standing Orders our attitude is one of submission and trust in His faithfulness for like-God-ness--His rightness--to come to whatever is "here." We are not just to manifest Him; we are His Manifestation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home