The Becoming God

Sunday, November 27, 2022

The Gift Of Tongues Is For Missions

Yes, the gift of tongues is for edification and prayer, too, but primarily it was and is for providing a miraculous sign to people whose language you do not know. When I was first saved in a Pentecostal gathering I did not receive the gift of tongues. I felt good about accepting Jesus as my lord, but that was about it. I did not know that speaking in tongues was a gift of the spirit of God, and I didn't really care. My friend wanted the gift, and while we are at Grace Bible Church in Honolulu he asked the ministers to help him pray for it. I waited in the vestibule reading the notices and looking at the pictures on the bulletin board. One of the ministers came out and asked me if I would like to receive the gift of tongues. I was like, "Well, I'm here, so why not?"

I battled through many emotions and revelations to receive the gift--hang on, it can be like a rollercoaster--and the thing about receiving it is I HAD ABSOLUTELY NO CONTROL OVER WHAT I WAS SAYING. My mind and volitional control were completely passive as to what my mouth was doing. It was the Holy Ghost calling all the shots. I was inside my head watching what was going on in amazement, with virtually no connection to it except that it was happening in and through me. I MADE ZERO EFFORT TO CONTROL OR DIRECT MY SPEECH; my mind was busy praising, thanking, and adoring God. This is what you do when you let the Holy Ghost speak to people whose language you do not know--YOU LET HER DO IT.

Please see my next post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home