The Becoming God

Sunday, November 27, 2022

The Gift Of Tongues Is For Missions Continued

I do not want what I said in my last post misunderstood. I had recognized with much grief that I had sinned against God by my self-lordship, my theft of His life, and had submitted myself by casting self-control out of myself. I waited for Him; the ball was in His court. And then He forgave me: "Remember this, and it is all right." Oh, how my emotions soared: relief, gratitude, praise, thanks, and loving adoration. The feeling of a flood rose in by bowels--Life, Eternal Life as a water--I guess in what would be the solar plexus, and the feeling gradually approached my throat. My mind was pouring forth appreciation, love and praise to God for his glorious mercy, and I could not say it in the depth and magnitude I was feeling it in English. We just do not have the words. My jaw began to quiver and my tongue and lips began to move by some power other than myself. "Don't try to control it," said the minister. Controlling it was the furthest thing from my mind at that point. The Life came up and all the love, appreciation and praise of God I felt and could not articulate in English poured forth from my mouth. SHE was talking for me, through me, saying all the things I wanted and meant to say but could not...in a language I did not know how to speak. Were a speaker of that language there at the moment, I imagine they would have fallen to their knees overwhelmed by the glory of which I spoke.

Maybe. They sure would have gotten an earful of glorification of God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home