The Becoming God

Friday, November 18, 2022

Revision of “Jesus Christ And When You Make The Two One (Gospel of Thomas 22 and 106)”

I think I misspoke in the post below. I said that Neville developed the idea of Jesus being the Father and Christ his son, David, in the lecture "Know What You Want (= Our Real Belief). I have been reading and listening to Neville Goddard's Final Lectures, which I recommend you get. But know that the book is an unfinished project--I counted 674 mistakes, errors, and omissions in the nineteen lectures it covers, and that is not including any of the punctuation errors. I listened to the lectures in reverse order, and it was more recently that I discerned what Neville was saying about Jesus Christ being two-persons-in-one, and that that being is us. The most recent lectures I listened to to revise Horowitz's errant text were "God's Son," "Divine Vision," "Feel After Him," "What Is Man?" and "Faith Is Loyalty To Unseen Reality." Each of these lectures carry the theme that in the title "Jesus Christ" Jesus is the Father, and Christ is David the son, and we are both. It is "What Is Man?" in which the idea is most fully developed.

The book Neville Goddard's Final Lectures must be read with the audios. We will find God when we search for Him with our whole hearts, and this is part of the process. The book is a project for the reader to complete: you find out what Neville actually said, and you discover God. Listening to Neville is not easy!! Did Neville just begin that sentence with and, so, but, for, or yet? Did he say you or you'll? Apparition or adumbration? Arcane or archaic? Meet or beat? It or him? Like I said, I found over six hundred cases where the book misheard what Neville said. Pencil the correct words in, and you build the vision! Break the code. I thank Mitch for the mistakes: the digging yielded treasure.

End of Revision

________________________________________

I have been reading and listening to Neville Goddard's lecture "Know What You Want" (aka Our Real Belief). In this lecture Neville develops two very interesting ideas. One is that knowing, as in "you must know exactly what you want," is done so deep down in the core of one's being that it affects God, who is one's imagination. "Knowing" is in one's being. When you know something, it has become you. If you would, the two--what you would know and your imagination, which is really God Almighty--become one.

The second idea is that Jesus Christ is two persons: Jesus is God the Father, and Christ is the Father's son, David, who is the sum total of all human activity--the son of God (pull over that salt block, will ya?). My only interest here is that the two, God Almighty and human activity--both imagination--become one. These ideas called to mind the famous "when you make the two one" passages in the Gospel of Thomas. The first is:

(22) "Jesus saw children who were being suckled. He said to
his disciples: these children who are being suckled
are like those who enter the Kingdom.
They said to Him: Shall we then, being children,
enter the Kingdom? Jesus said to them: When you make the two one, and
when you make the inner as the outer
and the outer as the inner and the above
as the below, and when
you make the male and the female into a single one
so that the male will not be male and
the female (not) be female, when you make
eyes in the place of an eye, and a hand
in the place of a hand, and a foot in the place
of a foot, (and) an image in the place of an image,
then shall you enter [the Kingdom]."

The second is:

(106) "When you make the two one, you shall become
sons of Man, and when you say: 'Mountain, be moved', it will
be moved."

Maybe it is just me, but I see the possibility of some correspondence between these two "when you make the two one" statements and what Neville is saying about our imagined experience becoming one with God within us. When we make the two one...

5 Comments:

  • Daniel,
    When all that existed in print were pretty much Margaret Broome's tamed down lectures collected into books a group of us decided to track down the actual lectures as Neville delivered them.
    For 3 years we begged, borrowed, bought and stole until we had over 300.
    Many were in wretched shape physically; others had transcription errors that made whole sentences nearly unintelligible.
    We worked hard for 3 years and I made careful note of every single change we made from what we'd received.
    You can see many of the resulting lectures on wwww.realneville.com where Brian Moses has done amazing things with the material.(dreamweaver97530@yahoo.com)

    Working with Neville's lectures changed my life totally. I live by My Creative Imagination.
    Thank you so much for your work! It is deep and wonderful.
    Shira Nahari
    Please use riverblessing@yahoo.com rather than the gmail addy.

    By Blogger Shira, at 7:14 PM  

  • God bless you for all your hard work. I too have contributed to realneville.com — those two transcripts of Neville’s 1955 recordings. I posted “How Really To Pray” on my own site. I value accuracy in what Neviile actually said, which as you know is not always easy to ascertain, especially when they had to flip over cassettes (I assume that is what caused some of the garbles and gaps). When I discovered Neville I was able to download all available lectures and books in pdfs and audio. It seems that Mitch Horowitz has decided to paraphrase some things Neville said. I do not know why, Neville seems quite eloquent on his own. He says they are not mistakes or errors, but they are certainly variances from what Neville says in the recordings. That is why I insist one LISTEN to the audio while reading. You can choose to pencil in the correction or ponder the paraphrase. In any case, I greatly appreciate Mitch’s contribution. Now I wonder if I should publish corrected versions of the same lectures. They’d be different from Mitch’s in over six hundred places. Or fix them and send them to Brian.

    By Blogger Daniel C. Branham-Steele, at 10:08 PM  

  • Hi 👋 👋,

    I just recently found out this exciting and interesting piece.. I really do feel that it is the miss8ng puzzle of my Christian life.

    Would you be able to direct me to some of his audios and pdfs.

    Thank you in advance

    By Anonymous Sam from Fiji, at 7:14 AM  

  • I suppose you are asking about Neville Goddard. Almost all of Neville Goddard's recorded audio lectures can be found on www.youtube.com by simply entering Neville Goddard in the search box. His lectures and books are public domain, so everyone pirates them freely. I prefer the recordings from 100kwat (https://www.youtube.com/@100kwatt_Neville_Goddard). In the url search box of your computer you can search for Neville Goddard texts and find www.realneville.com, which has most lectures in text and pdf formats. Mr. Twentytwenty is a good resource, too. All of Neville's books are available free in pdf. I suggest getting a bound book like The Neville Goddard Reader. Search Amazon.com for most popular and least criticized of the many. I think free pdfs of Neville's books are available on www.audio.com. I am not against getting Neville Goddard's Final Lectures even though I found over 600 mistakes, errors, and "editings" in it. Read the book while listening to the audio on youtube. Pencil the corrections into the book. I think it will really help you focus on what Neville was saying, that Jesus Christ is two -- God and you.

    By Blogger Daniel C. Branham-Steele, at 1:10 PM  

  • Sam, I hope you see this. I have written dozens of posts about Neville Goddard. https://imagicworldview.blogspot.com/2014/01/the-best-most-practical-neville-goddard.html is, well, practical. I transcribed Neville's 1955 recordings Mental Diets and How To Use Your Imagination:
    https://imagicworldview.blogspot.com/2014/06/mental-diets-text-improved-version-of.html
    Oh yeah, they are posted on realneville.com right at the beginning. I do not get paid at all for people reading my blog, but I hope you will find and enjoy many of my posts about Neville's techniques and philosophy.

    By Blogger Daniel C. Branham-Steele, at 9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home