The Becoming God

Thursday, November 03, 2022

"Neville Goddard's Final Lectures," Edited By Mitch Horowitz: A Review

PS: Yes, I am starting with a postscript. I started reading the transcriptions of the lectures, and began to notice typos, errors, and glosses in the text. So I brought up the audio of a lecture to follow along and compare. Three errors in one sentence, six errors in the paragraph. Is this a problem for me? Niet. I am glad and appreciative to have the lectures this close to complete transcription. I have done a lot of transcription myself (you have read some of them without knowing). It is not a problem for me to finish these. GRAB A PENCIL AND FOLLOW ALONG TRYING TO HEAR WHAT NEVILLE ACTUALLY SAID. YOU WILL SEE WHY THERE ARE VARIANCES. Just make your corrections and thank God so much has already been done for you. End PS.*

I had this book in my Amazon Cart weeks before it was released. Although I already have all these "final" lectures downloaded as audio files and have listened to them repeatedly over the years, here they are attractively bound on quality paper in crisp, clear print with footnotes to Neville's references. The book itself is a class act. I was anxious to get it as soon as I heard of it, because I was not sure I had all of Neville's later lectures, as many of them are undated in other collections. There are nineteen transcribed lectures included, and all save one I have listed in my collection as "audio." Is having them ready to read worth the price of the book? Heck, the Introduction alone is worth the price.

The final lectures included are:
Faith is Loyalty to Unseen Reality
What is Man?
Feel after Him
Repentance, a Gift From God
Divine Vision
God's Son
Know What You Want (Our Real Belief)
Feel Chosen
John the Crown of Scripture
You Must Experience God
Ends, Ultimate and Temporary
Rearrange the Mind
Fulfillment of God's Promise
Where and When Did It Happen?
Justified States
Consummation
Even the Wicked (The Duality of Man; It is Done)
Revelation
God and I are One

The whole thing is pleasant and the feeling from it satisfying. So glad I could get it. Next on my shopping list is Horowitz's Daydream Believer: Unlocking the Ultimate Power of Your Mind. Hardbound!

*PPS: Yikes! Holy sniky. I started to go through "Revelation" to make corrections. In it I find "For this is revelation" has become "Well, this is revelation." Neville's spoken "Jesus is the Lord, and Christ, his Son," reads "Jesus is the Lord and Christ, his Son." That might actually be okay, but "he is the youth, the eternal youth, in his themes" (should be "teens") is not. Nor is "As you are told in John...it does not get a prayer," which should be "it does not yet appear..." It does not get a prayer? "We are told" has become "you are told." On page 300, Neville messages his hospitalized wife, "My state passes out, endures forever. Guess who I am." On page 307, the AUDIO has Neville saying, "I know it would amuse her and she would know exactly who it was it was who said his love relative to her endures forever." The text has "who it was who has sent his love relative to her in yours forever." ?? The book itself, cover, binding, paper and font, is a class act. The transcription of the lectures themselves...not so much. Careless in the one issue that really matters. Go figure. I wonder how Daydream Believer reads.

By the way, although I bought the book, I am not qualified to post a review on Amazon simply because I used gift cards (Thank you Red Cross and Amazon.com).

FYI: I continued through the lecture "Revelation." I found at least forty things Neville did NOT say: words added or missing, wrong words, wrong number, wrong tense, wrong sense. Having listened to his lectures while driving to work for years, I have become familiar with how Neville spoke. It was pleasantly peculiar, and it made him very popular. Whoever proofread this book for spelling probably, I imagine, has never heard Neville speak in his or her life, for they show no appreciation or familiarity for his cadence or sentence composition.

Well, I had better stop. It is just going to take a lot longer to listen and correct this book than I thought. God help the person who thinks these texts are verbatim.

6 Comments:

  • What does this mean from one of his lectures? Real belief. “ And when I tell you everything in this world is human, everything, mountains, cities, rivers, everything in this world takes on human form when man begins to awaken. ”

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:39 AM  

  • What does the Bible mean when it says the wife is to be submissive to husband, and how Adam rules over Eve after the fall? Is there a deeper meaning?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:21 AM  

  • It means exactly what Neville said about it right after this quote from "Jerusalem," (https://coolwisdombooks.com/neville/neville-goddard-lectures-all-are-human/) that everything is man's projection. Not dumb flesh-man's, but the inner man whom God has become.

    By Blogger Daniel C. Branham-Steele, at 12:34 AM  

  • You will understand the Bible better if you translate the "names." Shem, the Hebrew word for 'name', has to do with the NATURE of the thing. We call a chicken a chicken because it has the nature of a chicken. Adam means the "Divine Blood." Eve, Chava in Hebrew, has the nature of living. I think of them as God's consciousness and its imagination. Do you see the order there? Of course imagination is to follow, flow from consciousness, and God's imagination causes life. God is a God of order, of right relations among all His parts. The Bible is a book of right relationships. The church is wife to Christ, that is one relationship; we are Father of Christ, that is another relationship. Those who "mercy" God are His relations (family). Having relations that honor the Father with integrity and fidelity, humble unity--everything working together in love--is what the Law is about.

    By Blogger Daniel C. Branham-Steele, at 2:37 AM  

  • Thank you. A worry I have is Neville was wrong bc he ignores the scripture that says Satan came to lie kill steal and destroy. But in one lecture he says Satan and Christ are one and quotes blame. that he came for us to have our experience to become god. But scripture also says he is here to lie kill steal and destroy. What is your take?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:14 PM  

  • You are welcome. Your worry is, I think, misplaced. Neville said, "There is no other God other than he who is your own wonderful human imagination." God is consciousness, ALL consciousness. My take on it is that Satan is ignorance trying to keep us stupid and Jesus is wisdom trying to get us smart. They, as well as we, are God's imagination. Satan came and is in us just like Jesus came and is in us, as ideas. As God's consciousness and imagination they are as we are, persons, and have person dynamics. IF we are redeemed, Satan is not squat to us. It does not matter what he came to do--he has LOST. Here are some things from a little search:

    The Law and the Promise, Chapter 14 THE CREATIVE MOMENT:

    "There is a Moment in each Day that Satan cannot find, Nor can his Watch Fiends find it; but the Industrious find This Moment & it multiply, & when it once is found It renovates every Moment of the Day if rightly placed." — Blake

    Whenever we imagine things as they ought to be, rather than as they seem to be, is "The Moment". For in that moment, the spiritual man's work is done and all the great events of time start forth to mould a world in harmony with that moment's altered pattern.

    Neville Goddard Lectures: Adam And Christ Are One:

    "I tell you the whole vast world in which we live is all Imagination, all God, nothing but God."

    By Blogger Daniel C. Branham-Steele, at 10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home