The Becoming God

Friday, October 28, 2022

Siti's Post On "Die In Love For Not-wanters"

Dan,

I’ve been reading your last post a few times over and it has conjured up a variety of scriptures to my mind.

First off, I remember when I used to live contrary to the scriptures in my behavior, and disliked hearing everything about that holy man. My mother would always say, “Do you see that Lord? There goes YOUR disciple”.

A few decades have passed and I understand that she had to die to her five senses in order to gain her imagined wish. You wrote in your first paragraph, “Jesus found himself in this situation on the cross with regards to The Pharisees”...(which we are like when NOT in Him). “He loved them, FORGAVE them, prayed for them”, and DIED FOR THEM.” Because He died for us ONCE AND FOR ALL...”we just have to concentrate our love in imagining them right...in prayer”.

To imagine them right from within, we deeply deny the senses on the outside...”as unlovely they may be”...just nix the “unlovely” from your mind...you said.

It brings to my mind what was written in Deut.6:4-7a) “Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God is one Lord - the only Lord. 5. And you shall love the Lord your God with all your (mind and) heart, and with your entire being, and with all your might.” 6. And these words, which I am commanding you this day, shall be (first) in your own mind and heart; [then] 7. You shall whet and sharpen them, so as to make them penetrate, and teach and impress them diligently upon the [minds and] hearts of your children..."

So Job’s mind and heart got placed in proper position when he came out of ignorance by listening to God’s (Word) and nixxed the words of the three friends who, by the way, were Esau’s son and relations. Job’s name, meaning “where is my father”, had found Him when he said, “I have heard of You in the hearing of the ear. But now my eye sees You. Therefore, I abhor myself, And repent (change my mind)..." (Job 42:5-6). Also reminds me of Jacob when he said, “For I have seen God face to face and my life is preserved” (Gen. 33:30b).

There’s nothing “woo” about any of this, that we understand or have yet to understand. We have eternity to come into becoming. I believe He’s just asking us to be willing...by faith, or as Neville would say, “Be loyal to the unseen realm”.

Siti

PS: In a sense we are disarming all contrariness upon the disciples/saints with the gift of His image and likeness that we are aware of and understand having within us.
__________________________________________

Siti,

First of all, thank you. Our "death" is His death, and He died/dies for sinners, of whom we are chief. That is the oddness of the flip (see my next post). "When you take the place of another, you take the suffering of another, you have to walk every inch of it" --Rees Howells (Norman Grubb, Rees Howells: Intercessor, Cambridge: Lutterworth Press, (also Christian Literature Crusade), p. 128, 237ff). Christ took ours to the full. Loving, forgiving, we celebrate and die--we as Him--in remembrance of His taking theirs also. That is our new nature, also our original. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home