The Becoming God

Saturday, October 22, 2022

If "I Remember When" Is Of God, Where Is It In The Bible?

Excellent question. Siti asked if the principle of I Remember When might not be the cause of Job's final state of wealth at the end of the book. For God saw Job not as Job did. "Oh! that in Sheol Thou wouldest cover me; Conceal me, till Thine anger turn away; Fix me a time; and then remember me" (Job 14:13 Bullinger). I.e., see me as You would that I was in the future, and "there" remember me in this distant past.

Have this in mind: God knows us, but SEES us as He would have us, i.e., as HIM!! We cannot do the transition ourselves as apart from Him. All we can do is acknowledge, "I AM what You would have me; though that is not what I now seem to be. I submit to You—that I am, and as I was, remember Thou me." From God’s perspective, it (the entire universe) is all "I remember when."

Speaking of remembering, JOURNAL. "In B, I remember A." "In my new position (B), I remember when I wasn't (A)."

PS: Job points out that in seeing the future as the present, in "remembering when" we have to DIE to this present.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home