The Becoming God

Wednesday, May 04, 2022

Suicide: A) Don't; B) If You Are In A Bad Place, Go Somewhere Else

If you are going to die, why die dead? You won't get to see how things turn out. You can die to the situation you would be leaving anyway. Just go somewhere else. You will be psychologically dead to the situation you would be physically dead to, and you can start a new life without it. When Christ died, he died for us. God accounts his death as ours. We ARE dead, as far as our present lives and situations go. There is another life for us in Christ's resurrection, because when he died for us (and thus we in him) and paid for our sins (our being unlike God), he then arose FROM the dead to a new life in God WITH US STILL IN HIM. His death led to our new life, IF we are willing to go there.

May I suggest, GO THERE. Just start the new life. Accept what God has done. He made Jesus that point of departure from this life to that life: "Come to me, all you mourners and carriers of burdens, and I shall give you peace. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, as I am peaceful and gentle of heart, and you shall find peace in your souls. For my yoke is pleasant and my burden is light" (Matthew 11:28-30 Alexander).

There might really be a hell like the Bible suggests. Believe me, whether there is, or the Biblical image is symbolic of something even more real than that, life in Jesus Christ is far, far better than anything death can offer - and you get to see how things turn out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home