The Becoming God

Monday, May 02, 2022

Restoration Until We Awaken Might Just Be Wishful Thinking

I was not always a Christian, and it occurs to me that when I wasn't I had plenty of indication that there was a God and spiritual influence over all the things that occurred in this world. We heathens had perception, too, and the invisible world was as clear as the spiritual realm is to Christians, just less understood about the provision of forgiveness.

It appears that the soul or consciousness of a person continues after death. So "death" is the loss of conscious CONTACT with that person, we to it and it to us: it continues and we continue, just no conscious connection. I had taught that this "life" we live is a form of death between God and ourselves. He is there and our consciences are here, just unaware of Him - no conscious contact. When we die to this world we become aware of that world. Maybe some do get restored to human life again, but maybe that restoration is a delusion someone experienced in that world, and we in hope have bought into it.

My point is that it is not a safe bet. Prior life memories are not necessarily the actual experiences of the one testifying. I know my soul is using this body for the moment and will continue after it dies. There are other souls or conscii who can inhabit and use bodies and brains, too, and impress memories never actually experienced by them.

All we DO know is that we are going to die someday, and will then face whatever is there. I am betting on what I have experience of here: evidence of what is there providing forgiveness for me through the life and death of Jesus Christ. In Him I have already died and raised from death back to contact with God again. This is real restoration. Why wait for a restoration that might be a delusion?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home